Do you exercise during the day or at night?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by eppie • Jun 7, 2014.

1. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    9930215-day-and-night.

Personally, I exercise at night between 8 to 9pm. I go out to the nearest park with my husband and I jog for about an hour. I used to jog during the day (early morning) but my husband got interested in jogging too but he can only do so at night a couple of hours after going home from work.

How about you? Do you exercise during the day or at night just like me?

Looking forward to your replies. :eek:

2. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    I wish I could exercise during the night. I feel the most active during those hours. Quite often I go out for a jog quite late - everywhere from 9 to 11 PM, but I really wish there were some 24/7 gyms in my area. The one I'm currently going to closes at 9 PM, but it's really overcrowded that late, so I'm going a bit earlier.

3. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    I find the only time to go to the gym is in the morning before I do anything else. It is easier to go to the gym in the morning and force myself to get through work than it is to go to work and force myself to go to the gym.

4. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I also hate going to a crowded gym too that's why when it comes to gym exercise, I'd rather do it in the morning (same as Ridge) at around 9 or 10am. Less people and more equipment for myself. :D But for running or jogging - still prefer doing it at night.

5. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    I exercise early in the morning. Between 8am or 9am depending on my schedule, but for the most part it's in those hours. I find working out in the morning gets my day right and I feel really productive and positive every time, which I really need because of the stressful nature of my job. I would love to jog around the park sometimes but there aren't really any parks or places where you jog here in my place.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where I live you can't exercise at night. Wild animals prowl the woods that surround the farmlands and sometimes they stray close to where people live. Being out at night therefore could be dangerous. That's why I exercise during the day, in the evenings after I'm done working. If the weather doesn't permit it, I let it go. After all, I get enough exercise doing farm chores.

7. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    I guess this depends on the "body clock" for each person, but I prefer to exercise in the afternoon, after making two meals (minimum), including snacks.

I find pretty hard to do morning exercises. Especially on an empty stomach. I have read that some people end up having a great performance after getting used to exercise in the morning, but that comes only after making it a habit. I pretty much guess it's because, as with everything else, the body adjusts and locates resources for when it calculates as the time for activity.

Night exercises will remain for those suffering from insomnia.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to exercise during the day but I like to finish my online work first so sometimes I end up exercising at night. They say it disrupts your sleep if you exercise too close to bedtime so I do kinda feel funny about it but all I do is dance. If you're not doing strenuous exercise, I suppose it's ok.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I simply don't have time to exercise during the daytime. I work all day and then have to do dinner prep, errands, etc, during the last of the business hours. So I almost always work out at night, if I work out at all. It's almost 10pm for me now and I'm going to head out to exercise for a bit, for example.

I do try to fit in random short workouts when I can, though, like taking the stairs instead of the elevator or doing jumping jacks on my lunch break.

10. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to exercise in the morning, but almost always go to the gym in the evening. I like going in the morning because I feel it is a great way to start my day and I like feeling like I can cross something off of my to do list and I've been productive before I start my workday. Unfortunately something with work usually comes up in the morning and I can't go to the gym so I am stuck going at night.

11. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I usually go out early in the morning. I find it easier to workout during the day rather than night since I have to catch up on my sleep and exercising at night gets my body active which eventually black may natural tendencies to sleep.

12. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to do my workout in the afternoon, I can't do it in the morning as I am busy looking after my father and trying to get work done, and working out in the evening is not a good idea for me as it keeps me awake and then I can't sleep until the early hours of the morning. I play football Monday night and that always keeps me awake until about 3am.

13. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually I exercise at night (or at the end of the afternoon) during weekdays, when I leave work, but at the weekends I do it in the morning or in the afternoon. I start working really early (8 AM), so it's pretty impossible to work out before, but as I leave work relatively soon as well at the end of the afternoon I do have time to exercise.

14. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Evening time is the best choice for me because the weather is just too hot in a day time starting from early morning. I actually love doing my workout in the morning but to be able to do that I have to wake up as early as 5.30 in the morning but that is just not practical for me because I sleep much better around that time :D

15. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, afternoon around 2 or 3pm is the ideal time for me to exercise because it's the time that all my kids are at school. But just like in Whnuien's place, our location is also hot and humid during those times so instead I just do my exercises at night. :)

16. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Usually, I'll workout whenever I have the time to do so. But I prefer to workout during nights as that's when I feel I have my best workouts and have the most energy. But mostly, I'll look to get any sort of exercise in when I can. I imagine most people aren't able to have a set workout schedule every day.

17. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to go for a swim every morning before I go to work. It wakes me up and energises me. In the evening I am often too tired for any vigorous exercises, so I often go back to the swimming pool or lake to unwind. On weekends I like going for long walks or ride my bike in the cooler hours of the evening. Basically I enjoy every opportunity to exercise, night or day. :)

18. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    for a while now, I have been working out in the morning around 7am. I feel differently during the day. It's almost like experiencing life in a different way. I guess it is hard to explain, but I like it. I feel more relaxed during the day and I sleep better at night.

The problem with working out at night is, your body is trying to shutdown and get ready for sleep. So I think working out in the morning is also better for that reason. It's only an opinion, I only know what works for me.

19. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I could also do some swimming in the morning but I have no easy access to a pool or lake. Swimming in the morning and biking or running in the evening really sounds fun to me. I run regularly at night but sometimes I get bored with running daily and I wish I can go swimming as some sort of a cross alternate exercise. :(

20. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't find much swimming entertaining these days. Several years ago, I used to love going to the pool but now I get bored easily. I guess it gets less fun as you get older because you no longer play games like Marco Polo.

#20Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014