Do you follow Dave Ramsey's advice? 7 Baby Steps...

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by smlewis00 • Jan 7, 2014.

1. smlewis00

smlewis00Member

Threads:
    Do you follow Dave Ramsey's advice? How do you feel about his thoughts and advice on saving money?
    Dave Ramsey is a finacial author and radio host. His website is daveramsey.com
    I recently bought his book called "Total Money makeover." This book is all about achieving these 7 steps. My husband and I are trying out these steps in hopes we can get our finacial situations together.
    Dave Ramsey highly suggests following his 7 baby steps program.
    These steps are:
    1.) Save $1,000 in your emergency fund
    2.) Pay off all of your debt
    3.) Put back 3 to 6 months of expenses in your savings
    4.) Invest in Roth IRA's
    5.) Start a college fund for your kids
    6.) Pay your mortgage
    7.) Give
    What do you think? Do you think Dave's 7 steps work? Have you ever tried following his plan?

2. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I used to listen to Dave Ramsey on the radio until he no longer be part of the guest speaker. I do follow some of his advices and I have found most of them are quite helpful for me. I do actually save more than I expected by setting up emergency fund and all that. However, I do bump up the emergency fund each month to just make sure I will need it in the future when something happens. He is one of my favorite speakers on the radio because I really like listening to his conversations with other callers.

3. smlewis00

smlewis00Member

Threads:
    Pandandesign, thank you for your feedback! I have really been enjoying Dave Ramsey's book "Total Money Makeover." I love his ideas on saving money! My husband and I are working on having a solid emergency fund that we can rely on in case of an emergency. It is nice to know we have a little bit of a "cushion" in case something happened.
    Thanks again for your feedback! Happy saving! :)