Do you get tempted to go buying one item?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Denis Hard • Jun 23, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the store is not next door then you'll be wasting a lot of gas zipping to and from the store to buy something only to realize the next day that you need something else.

It's much better to make a list of groceries or anything else you need that will last you a week or may be a number of days, buy them once and save on gas.

2. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    Agreed. Sometimes we go in for a couple of things and realize that we also need this, that and the other thing. It's good to stock up sometimes.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I only go shopping for one item if the shop is near my home. If the store is far enough for me to use public transportation I make a list, like you just said, and buy more items at once. Plus, having a list means organized shopping so I'm less likely to spend money on things I don't really need. But yeah, I do know people that take the car for just a few blocks to buy a bread :eek:

4. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    What you are saying here makes perfect sense that you would rather have a great list of all the things that you want or need and make one major trip to the store and purchase the goods you need, but unfortunately the human mind is rather crazy and when it wants something, it has a very funny way of tricking you into believing that that is the most important thing in your life. It is weird but i often find my self going to the shop to buy that one drink that i had been craving all week.

5. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I sometimes get into this trouble because of not writing the list of the things I needed but luckily, there is few grocery stores that are few minutes away from my house.

But if I was living at my mother's house and there was an item I forgot to buy then I will not bother at all because all stores are far away and I would need a car to get there.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    If I can walk I have no problem picking up one thing, but if it's going to take a bit more effort I prefer to stock up. I figure if I'm going to have a car or cab handy I may as well make the most of it.

7. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Some people shop for the week, or for two weeks. Some shop for the whole month. I usually shop for a week, but today I wanted another item and I actually found one of them closer to home anyway. It felt silly going into a grocery store tonight, since I was just in one last night, but that is how it goes sometimes.

8. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    This is true,Making a list that is necessary to be i mean in terms of what we need is the thing that should be a bother so yeah its fine in a way and goes right these are the things which are fine enough and works for us according to our needs.