Do you give money to beggars in the street?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Dora M • Jul 25, 2014.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They aren't animals.. I don't agree with those who think giving encourages them to beg more. They will still seek help or they will die. The ones who survive this way anyway. What I don't give money to are those approaching me for money for charities or events while I'm trying to walk into a store. They've even resorted to harassing people while they shop now. It depends on what the money is going towards of course, but I don't trust most charities and I like to look into them before shelling over cash, so you won't be getting my money until I have access to some internet lol.

2. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I've never had a good experience when giving to the homeless with signs on the street. Instead of offering money, I give them food. More often than not they deny the food and say they just want cash. To me that is a sign of a scam. I'm sure there are many legitimate people that are homeless and need help, but the scammers have heavily influenced my sympathy and make me vary hesitant.

3. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    Where I am from, there are not that many beggers. The only place that thes people post up at is double quick down town. I have a soft heart so everytime a begger ask me for money, I usually give them the change that I have. If I do not have any change, I take them in the store with me and buy them what they want. I enjoy giving back to people less fortunate than me.