Do You Go To Online Movie Websites?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by pafjlh • Jan 23, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I was curious to know if anyone here goes to any of those online movie websites. I have a brother who goes to one of these practically everyday. He is constantly downloading movies and music. I sometimes wonder what he does with all of this or if its a form of hoarding. I guess that is possible.

Anyway, I am often curious about this websites and how much copyright infringement is going on. I have seen some my brother downloading very recent movies on this website. Movies that haven't been released on DVD or to an online platform legitimately. I often wonder why my brother would go to this website but then who am I to argue with him about it, I guess its his business. I just know that I would go to a website like this where the material may have been obtained the wrong way.

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What exactly do you mean by "online movie websites"? Streaming services? Movie streaming link "repositories"? Torrent sites? There's a lot of things that fit the description..

3. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I'm wondering as well what you mean by 'online movie websites'? If your brother was downloading movies, probably he's on the torrent sites browsing on what movies to download. There's also sites where you can only stream movies and i think there's nothing wrong with that although for torrenting, i'm pretty sure it's not legit.

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    More so than ever now I do visit and watch movies online from various sources. Netflix is an okay site, but some months the business has loads of uninteresting movies and they're reluctant to put out newer ones. The best thing I can say about watching internet streamed movies is that it saves a tonne on one's finances and allows one to concentrate on the movie much more than at the cinemas.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    OP is referring to sites where one can illegally download movies which haven't been released on DVD yet. They are not torrent sites. These sites upload files onto their sites. Anyone interested in downloading the movies can get them direct from there.

That clarified, to answer OP's question, is it right to download pirated movies from such sites? Some will say it's OK, others will say it's not but I'd say, the choice is yours.

#5Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  6. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well that obviously depends on your country's laws. Downloading copyrighted works is not illegal in probably all of Europe, for example. There's a moral question as well, I guess, but ultimately the law is the only thing that matters.

7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Technically, you can't really hoard data, considering that you could fit a terabyte of data in a five-inch by five-inch space for the actual hard drive. Anyways, torrenting content is done by millions of people, and some people feel strongly about it, while others simply do it because they can. I don't care about this matter myself, but the penalties for getting caught are stiff.

8. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I sometimes watch movies online but only through streaming. I don't want to download movies for fear that it may contain virus and for fear of being caught. You see, I am in a European country and the movies in English are being dubbed in their own language. I cannot imagine seeing and hearing Brad Pitt talking in perfect Spanish.

9. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I don't exactly watch movies, but I do stream TV shows on those online streaming websites.

I just watch some TV shows online if I don't feel like torrent-ing them. It's good to load movies and TV shows with fast internet signal so it loads pretty fast.

Sometimes these online sites have the newest movies with even high quality. I know it might be illegal, but it does help lots of people save a lot of money.