Do you have a branch of LIDL near you?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Sandra Piddock • Mar 29, 2012.

1. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    LIDL is my favourite supermarket for a number of reasons. The prices are good, and so is the quality, the staff are trained in all aspects of store work, so if there's a queue at the checkout, they'll pull staff from the shop floor so you don't have to wait long. The checkout staff work quickly, yet they never seem to make mistakes on the bill, and they're always cheery and helpful.

I divide my time between the UK and Spain, so I have experiences of LIDL in both countries. I tend to go to LIDL first, then to another supermarket for the items I can't get there - Morrisons in the UK and Consum in Spain. The Spanish LIDL is also very cheap, without sacrificing quality, and there's a wider range of products on sale than in UK branches.

Is there a branch of LIDL near you? Do you use it? Why - or why not?

2. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    I think there is a LIDL store everywhere. I have two close to my house and they are both full of people everytime I go. I usually buy napkins and kitchen paper as it is far less expensive than anywhere else. I haven't really tried getting food, though.

3. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Where I lived, in the middle of no where, in the UK, we had to go about 30 miles for a Lidl, but all big towns seem to have both the Lidl and Aldi tag team.

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    The nearest LIDL to me is about 8 miles. We do have an ALDI however and that is practically the same, actually I think it is a little cheaper. LIDLs do not seem to be very common in the UK, not as much as ALDI anyway. The supermarkets are everywhere and seem to be driving them away it seems.

5. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    Yes. In Bulgaria. It's about 10min. from me! I don't like it! The meat and dairy products are not so cheap. Cheap are only chips and chocolates. There are just 2 things that i like - frozen spring roles and foreign products, like french soup or US cupcakes! We have another supermarket called Kaufland! It's cheaper and each day have discounts! Mostly on fruirs and vegetables, but also on cakes, salads...

6. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    I probably do but to be honest I've never looked. I'm not sure why though. I'll actually go out tomorrow and see if I do since I've heard they have great prices.

7. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    LIDL are great for basics such as bread, milk, cheese and meat and fruit and vegetables at affordable prices. They also have some excellent non-food offers which change every Monday and Thursday. It's not possible to buy everything from LIDL, as they don't carry the range that other supermarkets do, but I manage to buy most of my shopping from there.