Do you have a Five Below by you?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by dconklin • Apr 30, 2013.

1. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Five Below is a cute store that I really don't go in all the time, but because it is close we do go in once in a while. We used to go there more then we do now.

You can get anything from toys to snacks, but you can't really find clothes for the most part. There are some great deals they run there. Everything is $5 of less. It is a store you would probably like and I would recommend checking one out soon. You never know you may find something cool! They don't have a huge selection of anything but they have a little bit of everything.

2. cmilliken

cmillikenMember

Threads:
    I do have a Five Below by me. Five Below is a great store. Of course, their products are not of the best value, because everything in the store is less than five dollars. However, Five Below is a great store for buying cheap gifts or gimmicks and has a decent variety of merchandise. I would recommend this store.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are no Five Below stores in my area. I really like the name of the store. I would patronize the store just based on that name.

Is this store significantly different from Family Dollar or Big Lots?

4. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I have a couple 5 Below nearby me. I shop there for t-shirts in the summer. They have great prices on socks and organization items and nail polish. I can always find a couple things to grab for my daughter for some fun at the park

@Parker It's less like Family Dollar and more like Big Lots. Everything in the store is $5 or less, but the items are not really grocery oriented. They carry some chips and snacks and drinks, but mostly seasonal items. So like, Frisbees, water bottles, sun shades, water guns and the like in the summer. They also carry so exercise items such as dumbbells, and yoga mats. It's less like Family Dollar, just because more people are willing to patronize 5 Below because it doesn't have that cheap stigma. Mostly because the items are only meant to last a season, and the store has a way cuter and up to date look.

5. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    No I don't have one near me, however where I live we do have very cheap stores, one is named Poundland. I like stores that have a wide range of items because it saves shopping around and having to go into many different shops.

6. sking61

sking61Member

Threads:
    I do have a five and below by me. I think I only went there twice. Once to buy a cell phone car charger and another time with my mother when she had to buy a car charger. It is about a 10 minute drive so if it was closet I would probably go there more often.

7. Nikilee

NikileeNew Member

Threads:
    I have one near me, Toledo, Ohio, they just built it a couple of years ago. That store has a little bit of everything. I don't go there nearly enough, I guess it really doesn't have anything I need. I could go there and spend money on plenty that I don't need!

8. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I love five below. I discovered it last summer. I'd say that 99% of their products are awesome values. However, some things there, I've actually seen cheaper at other stores like Big Lots. YOu have to be careful being at a discount store, you need to know what the price of stuff is at other stores.

9. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't really say it is like either one. They don't have a lot of food, but you can get candy and snacks. They don't have the furniture and stuff that Big Lots usually carries. You can get seasonal toys and stuff along with a selection of toys that they have all the time. It may depend on the location as I have seen some chain stores are different in different areas, but ours also has some beauty items and a little selection of clothes. I have seen sandals there in the summer (not highest of quality sandals tho) and a variety of things but not quite as big of a variety as Big Lots or Family Dollar. If that makes any sense!

10. Happy247

Happy247Member

Threads:
    I love Five Below, though I've only been there once. It was during Christmas time and I needed to find stocking stuffers. That was the perfect place for that. And the store is named Five Below because everything in there is $5 or less. I stayed in there for about 2 hours. I went up and down every isle. I couldn't believe my eyes. Some items in there, I know where selling for way more than $5 at other locations because I just saw them earlier that day in other stores. My mom was excited about it too but we haven't been back since.

11. William Mike

William MikeNew Member

Threads:
    We don't have Five Below in our area yet, but I heard about them...

12. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I will be heading to Five Below today for the first time. My daughter's gymnastics coach found ankle weights there that the girls are using for strength training. Sure beats spending close to $40 for a pair at a sporting goods store!

13. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    We have a Five Below in the town about 15 minutes away from me, and it's alright. The prices aren't always the greatest, but they're pretty good with cheap tech. I have a car charger from there and I got it several years ago and it still holds up pretty well. It was only 5 bucks too, which is really nice because normally car chargers are like 30 bucks. They're pretty great with their tech products, but their food and storage stuff can be a little hit or miss. I do love that they have novelty foods and cute little Japanese treats though!

14. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I've never heard of this store. I guess the closest comparison is Black Market in Toronto, Canada. It's one of my favorite stores to shop at and everything is 5 bucks or less. I will look out for Five Below when next I'm in the US.

15. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    They is a Five Below near me. It was really fun to go into when it w first opened about five years ago. It always had very loud music playing. That was a turn off. It had some fun kid-oriented games and my husband always bought DVD's there. We got most of our Harry Potter collection from there. He also got the three recent batman movies from there too. The selection of books were interesting. However, of late they remodeled and it is not the same. the quality of things have decreased.

16. Peachdejour

PeachdejourMember

Threads:
    I love Five Below. I really like it for birthdays and Christmas to get stocking stuffers and small gifts. I literally have to make myself drive past it because I can spend so much money in there on accessories and water bottles and organizing stuff. Everything is so cute. It does add up quickly though.

17. Megan888

Megan888Member

Threads:
    I love Five Below for stocking stuffers! They usually have unique candy for stockings and some other small gimicking gifts. I have bought beach towels there and items that feature Ana and Elsa from Frozen for some special little ladies in my life. Hair accessories and cheap nail polish are a plus as well.

18. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm in the NW corner of Tennessee and, honestly, I've never heard of it. You make it sound like a good place to shop, though. I'm definitely going to have to keep my eyes open for one when I travel. I love trying new stores, restaurants, etc. So, thank you for the tip!

19. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I feel the same way about Five Below as I do Dollar Tree. There are things worth the amount they charge 7 things definitely not worth the amount they charge. It's all about looking for the right deals.

20. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to have a Five Guys close by. Now where I currently live there are no Five Guys stores anywhere close. Which is a shame because their burgers are not super special and there is not a big variety, but they are really good quality.