Do you have a good pumpkin recipe?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by pennylane • Oct 20, 2014.

1. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I bought several cans of pumpkin on sale last weekend. I want to make something with it. Does anyone have any good recipes? I would like to make some pumpkin bread but after that I need ideas. I guess I could always bake a pie...

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I only know how to make pumpkin soup. It's pretty basic though. Just get some chicken stock, cream, onions, and the boiled/steamed pumpkin. Blend everything together then boil the mixture. You can try checking the website called Yummly for some recipes on pumpkin bread.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    The recipe on the can of Libby's punkin or punkin pie filling is excellent, it is probably online on their website as well if you want to look it up. I personally would suggest decreasing the sugar a little bit if you don't like super sweet foods, but other than that it is a very good recipe.

I also like mixing a spoonful of canned pumpkin with kefir and adding a bit of pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, alspice) to it to make a soothie.

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tips! I hadn't thought of making smoothies, that sounds yummy. :) I would love to make a pie and soup over the next several weeks. I love pumpkin spiced foods/fall.