Do you have a preference for laptops made by a certain manufacturer?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by pahagwl • Feb 28, 2014.

1. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I was thinking of buying a new laptop for myself and I generally try to get the best bang for my buck. So, I generally do not care about the manufacturer of the laptop but go for the one which offers the best features in the particular price range. So, I wanted to know whether you guys do this too or do you prefer buying laptops from a certain manufacturer.

2. Carles

CarlesMember

Threads:
    I spent over $400 on my Toshiba laptop and it crashed after two years. I also don't recommend Dell laptops because of some trouble a friend of mine had. If I were to buy a laptop right now I would buy an Asus or a Samsung.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I like to buy Macs because they can perform for a very long time. Although the initial cost can be high, the performance is normally impeccable. I love the way Macs work and would definitely with stick with them for sometime to come.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm personally very partial to Apple laptops, especially now that they have really gotten their formula down. The only downside is that you'd most likely be getting half the specs you'd get if you spent the same amount of money on another brand, but the advantage to that is that the machine runs well, the battery lasts very long, and the computer as a whole will presumably last you a long time and you can most likely even resell it for a lot higher than you would any other brand. If I had to pick one of a lesser price, however, I'd probably just choose Lenovo. They are not the fanciest looking ones, but I think their laptops are very practically made and sturdy.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have a preferred manufacturer however I do make sure that it's a good manufacturer. Samsung, Toshiba, Acer etc. are all fine with me.

6. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a preference as long as it is not Apple. I just don't like having the feeling that Steve Jobs is taking an arm and a leg for a computer with the specs of one you can buy for less than half the price from another brand.

7. autograph

autographNew Member

Threads:
    I have used many brand of laptops so far: Asus, Acer, HP, and Dell. For the best bang for your buck, I think you should not go wrong with the Asus series. Do not get the cheapest one though, choose the moderately priced one. Asus is known for its cheap cost and good specifications. I have my Asus for a few years now and I don't regret it at all. It is still going strong and able to play most the games released nowadays with the correct settings.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    For a laptop brand I would recommend Samsung, Acer, Dell and HP. I personally have a Samsung laptop, it's been with me for two years now and I never had any problems with it hardware-wise (except when my HDD crashed, but that's more my fault) In my opinion, all laptop brands are quite great actually, its how you handle your laptop. If you're just tossing your laptop on the bed or just shoving it inside your bag willy nilly then except it to die sooner than later. Apple laptops are great too, but I wouldn't recommend them in a million years due to the sheer ridiculousness of the price, but they're durable, just too expensive.