Do you have a summer budget for clothing?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Jun 22, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Do you set a budget on how much you spend for summer clothes?

Usually, I only consider what I want to spend in an outing. However, this summer, I want to buy a new wardrobe. I have lost some weight and my clothes in general don't fit as well. I am just trying to figure how much to spend and where.

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't spend for summer clothes. What I wear instead for summer are just my regular clothes. Clothes that are stashed in my closet I see i could wear for summer. I don't have that much money to spend on clothes, and I find it necessary to buy if I have clothes that are just appropriate to wear during summer. Instead the money, I spend it for summer activities which I think bear more importance than having myself dressed to look and feel great.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    We only have two seasons and I also don't often gain or lose weight so I wear pretty much all the same clothes I have throughout the year. I only spend money on clothes when some of them are not wearable or I just don't like them anymore.

4. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't need to budget my spending on clothes since I only buy clothes when I really need them. I don't go like, it's summer now, I must spend on new clothes. If the clothes I have from last summer are still functional and good looking I keep using them. Sure, if it happens to find a great deal on some items I might buy in advance, let's say flip flops (they break fast), but that's it.

5. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    No, I rarely set a budget for clothing because I try to monitor my spending as opposed to limiting it. Some seasons I go a little overboard and others I don't so in the end it all balances out. Usually when I go overboard it's because I bought a few staple pieces. A few years ago I found awesome cashmere sweaters for about $80 each so I bought a bunch of them. I justified it with "I can't afford not to buy them."

6. soulite

souliteNew Member

Threads:
    I do set a budget for clothing, since I'm still in school and like new clothes for each year. In general I like to spend $400 on warm weather clothes and $400 on cold weather clothes. As far as shoes go, I buy as needed and the price doesn't matter (lower than $150) as long as they fit and they go with the style I'm wearing.

7. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I think I shop more in the Summer time. Love shopping for cute summer clothing , I can't help it. So many cute things that I see when Summer comes around. But I know my limit, I don't really have a budget. Once my bills and loans are paid, I splurge a little bit. I work very hard so I deserve it.

8. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Having a summer budget for clothes sounds like a good idea. I usually only buy clothes once I really need them and then head to the thrift store first to save some money. You can get some really nice things at the thrift store that look new. I recently moved to an area where there are less thrift stores and I'll need to start going to the regular stores and I probably need to set a budget with that since it will be more expensive.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only time that I bought clothes for summer was when we were having a summer outing, otherwise I don't spend on new clothes just because it's summer. I do have a budget when I intend to buy summer clothes so that I won't overspend.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a set budget for summer clothes. Most of the time I normally only buy clothes as I need them. If the clothes I wore the previous summer are in perfect condition then I don't buy any more clothes. So I'll spend money if necessity calls for it.

11. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't have a budget for summer clothes, or any clothes for that matter. I just buy what I need all year round. I don't really overspend on clothes. For me the quality of clothes is very important, so I tend to buy items that last a long time. I don't care about fashion fads. My philosophy is "timeless elegance". :)