Do you have any songs that genuinely makes you cry?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Gusten • May 22, 2014.

1. Gusten

GustenNew Member

Threads:
    I think we've all experienced it at least at one point in our life. We listen to an extra emotional piece of music, perhaps during a difficult period and it all just gets overwhelming.

For me, personally 'Concerning Hobbits' by Howard Shore always makes me shed a tear at least. I'm not really sure why, and it feels kinda silly seeing as the song originates from a Lord of the Rings movie. But nonetheless, it still works for me.

2. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Heh, no music has ever made me cry. Maybe if I listened to live music that would be different. There's a very popular piano piece, Liebestraum No. 3 by Liszt. A student played in my piano class and it made a girl in my class cry. Even though I've listened to it played by old masters, it was just more powerful in person. There's a lot of music that has made me feel like crying, but none that's ever made me cry. Concerning Hobbits is pretty emotional to me too by the way. :D

#2May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Oh there are more than I would care to remember! I created THREE CDs of sad songs that I listen to when I'm sad, I call them my Suicide Playlist, I suppose it is my macabre side of my bipolar coming out there. A lot of Akon songs upset me because the love of my life is a huge fan and she treated me horribly and having him on the radio just brings it all back. :(

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Nocturne pieces by Chopin. Whenever I listen to them, I just can't help but fall into tears. They make me emotional and sentimental. Despite that they don't fail to give sense of relief and comfort. Acoustic music also makes me cry.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I currently have any that makes me cry. There has been plenty of times in the past where they've made me cry but I don't know if revisiting them would cause me to cry again. However, I think one that would make me have the most instances of crying was For the Love of a Daughter by Demi Lovato. It is very chilling to me so I definitely feel a connection (aside from the drunk part).

6. Moriarty

MoriartyNew Member

Threads:
    "Concerning Hobbits" is awesome! That whole score is excellent. For me Black and Last Kiss by Pearl Jam and the Johnny Cash version of Hurt come to mind as incredibly sad songs. It doesn't necessarily make me cry but I think Mad World by Gary Jules is probably the saddest song I've ever heard. It was used in the Donnie Darko soundtrack and that's a song you'll never forget once you hear it.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on what can make someone feel sad. Is it the loss of a loved one, a bad breakup or something else? The things that really hurt me is being betrayed by anyone. Since there are no songs that touch on betrayal or those that exist are not that great, there's no song currently that can make me cry.

And as a matter of fact, guys tend to be stronger emotionally though I have a brother who always cries when he's drunk a few bottles of beer.

8. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    "Baby Mine" from "Dumbo" and any song about saying goodbye. Those are painful to my heart and I can't help but cry. I hate goodbyes so, so much, and I can't help but think of all the times I've seen people move away or die and I never see or hear from them again.

9. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Melanie Fiona- Wrong side of a love song. Most recent song to make me cry it's very honest and real and I can just relate. Also she puts so much emotion into the song you can't help but feel it. Her vocal ability amazes me every time I hear it. Great song!

10. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Concerning Hobbits? To tell you the truth, I don't even remember that song, and I've seen all LOTR movies. But now that you guys all seem to like it, I have to listen to it. Years ago, Paul McCartney's Yesterday made me cry every time I heard it. I felt embarrassed crying over such an old song, and eventually I got accustomed to hearing it. Now I can listen to without even shedding a tear. It's funny how that works.

11. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    The only songs I 'really' genuine cry to are gospel songs. When Whitney Houston was alive she cut a gospel CD for the movie "Preacher's Wife." The piece she did titled 'I Love the Lord' made me sob. From the arrangement to the words, it really touched my heart. I hate that she left this earth so early because of drugs. She had so much talent.

12. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Not really cry but I do feel a lot of emotion flowing in when I play the piano piece "For River", it was from a video game I've played before and the piece was really full of emotions.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So many! The songs that make me cry the most are actually the ones that make me feel nostalgic, like the ones I used to listen to with friends when I was younger. Friends now that are far away. So to me some sad songs are Everything from Lifehouse, Away from The Sun from from 3 Doors Down and I'm With You by Avril Lavigne. There are many others, but I can't remember at the top of my head!