Do You Have Anything Branded?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Clairelouise84 • May 11, 2015.

1. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    Are there any brands that you insist on having in your house? Or do you not do brands at all? I have to say that I do insist on having a decent, brand named shampoo and conditioner and toothpaste but that it all. I have tried store brands of these and never found anything as good as the brand names.
    Anything you insist on being branded?

2. mayracasillas

mayracasillasNew Member

Threads:
    I always choose a branded product and till now I don't have any problem with the product. I will give you one advice on this you have to see the deposit mark of it by this you will get to know that the product is good or not.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well there are certain products where I will only buy a specific brand because that brand is the brand that appears to give me the best results. But other than that, there is no other reason as to why I'd seek out specific brands over others, save the prices, as they can vary greatly from brand to brand.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Everything is branded.. but no, I don't seek out specific brands. If anything, I have a list of brands I stay away from, but otherwise, it's all about how the product works and the ethics of the company it's from.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, for some things I have the same brand that I stay loyal to. For instance, I very rarely buy anything other than Colgate for my toothpaste. As far as body lotion goes, I love my Nivea. For makeup, I'm a Mac girl, while for face wash I LOVE Dermalogica. I'm not too fussed when it comes to shampoo and conditioner, although I do gravitate more towards the Herbal Essences and TREsemme ranges. I suppose in a sense I'm a bit of a table basher LOL

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although I insist on buying a particular brand of coffee and teabags and avoid the majority of supermarket "value" brands, I'm pretty flexible with other stuff and am generally buy whatever presents the best balance between price and quality.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Not as much as I used to be when I was in my 20's. I used to waste so much money getting everything branded, from my clothing to colognes, to coffee beans, to kitchen appliances, to soaps and shampoos. I've been sporting a buzz cut for nearly 20 years now and I was still going to salons to buy Vavoom shampoo for like $15-$20 a bottle because I liked the scent of it and felt like I needed it. I used to scoff at dollar/discount store brands for food and wouldn't touch them. However, admittedly they were pretty bad back then, and have improved quite a bit since then. Their sodas for example taste virtually indistinguishable from the big brand names, but I recall 10-15 years ago, Dollar General's "Clover Valley" brand cola was an awful imitation of Coke or Pepsi.

8. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    Old Spice and Adidas are two of the brands I really like. I don't need to have them though, but I do prefer to get them if I can help it. Recently I've been getting rashes because of Old Spice though, so that might change soon.

9. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    If you mean popular brands, then the only thing I can think of food-wise is pop. We have some Pepsi in the fridge. I don't like Pepsi, but if we're going to get soda of any flavour I'd rather get branded versions. They just... taste better. I also find that pop isn't nearly as expensive as a lot of other brand-name food items.

10. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our last 2 tv sets in the living room are of the cheap brand, the last to give up was Protech. I don't know if it was made in China but we bought it because of the price. When that tv set gave up last year, we bought a big Samsung, 40 inches, flat tv. My sister was impressed because it was the first time she had seen a tv that large. The cost was 20,000 pesos or $450 more or less. The regular price was 35,000 pesos but it was on sale when we bought it.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I almost always go for branded items unless the particular item is something that wouldn't make much difference with a significant increase in quality or price. Paper towels, for example, are all the same to me, because even if the cheaper ones are coarser or slightly less absorbent, I'd still end up saving more by just buying a generic brand all the time and just using a bit more product the next time there's a spill since it doesn't really happen all that often and it's not that much more of an inconvenience whenever it does.

12. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    If meaning well known brand products - then yes - as quality and value for money are always my main priorities when buying anything - there are some items that will always be name brand only for me - as although there are many store brand products that are way cheaper but just as good, if not better than some of the well known brand products - I have found that for some items - not only is it more cost effective to stick with the named brand - but also the quality is superior - as is the flavor and particularly where coffee is concerned.

13. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Certain things I buy brands and other things I'll buy generic. For medicine I'll buy generic acetaminophen and ibuprophen. I'll buy store pop. I like to buy brand name cosmetics and toiletries like toothpaste. To save money I'll just wait until the branded product is on sale and buy in bulk. I do find with certain products that the branded item is better quality or has better flavour.

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In our house it is peanut butter, my grandson only likes two brands of peanut butter, Skippy and Peter Pan, he says the others are not good to him. I also use a brand name mayo only the off brands are not good to me, I don't use a lot of mayo but it still has to be a certain brand.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, over here everything is branded, we don't really buy supermarket brands unless it's only tissue paper.

16. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I use brand name hair products because I have curly hair that's easy to tangle and easy to dry out so I need to be particular with what I use. I also use brand name tooth paste and tissue because I find that I can't really skimp out on those. For everything else, I don't really care whether it's generic or branded (even if its just supermarket brand) as long as it does what it sets out to and I'm happy with the end result.