Do You Have Shopping Buddies?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Jul 28, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Anyone here have shopping buddies who help them with their selections?

Many ladies and a number of men when shopping for clothes will take along a friend or two who'll help them select the best attire. This can end up being quite costly because though your intention initially was to hunt for deals should your friends say the clothes won't look good on you, you might be forced to buy something which is more expensive.

Isn't it better [for your wallet] to shop alone?

2. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I think it is important that, if you're going to have a shopping buddy at all, you make it so that it is somebody who's shopping style fits with yours perfectly. If you don't manage this, then you could end up being encouraged to spend more money than you really have. I have a group of friends who I can shop with very well, because they know my habits, and theirs are similar, so we really do help each other to make good decisions.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have shopping buddies, but ultimately I am in control of how much it is that I spend, because it is me who has to endure the sight of the lack of funds on my bank statement after the shopping binge lol. I usually go shopping with my older sister, because she knows my style, and had a great eye for putting outfits that are to my taste together. Her taste isn't too expensive either, which is another bonus.

4. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop alone. I am not comfortable shopping with somebody else. Not everybody has the same taste in fashion so it is hard to have a shopping buddy who likes the same things you do. You may pick out something that you like and think that it looks great but just because it is not their style they aren't going to like it. It would make things more stressful to me.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's really funny because my best buddy in shopping is my husband, he who always criticize me for taking too long in checking out the items. Whenever we would go shopping, my husband would watch me as if he has a timer in his mind. He was always rushing me to buy or not to buy. It was just a stroke of luck when the smart phone came along. Now he just stays outside the mall store to wait for me... while using the phone for his internet surfing.

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    My shopping buddies are my mom and sister! I love going shopping with them actually as they have good tastes in clothes and they are frank in telling me if something does not look good in me. We also love sales shopping so we really spend less whe we are together lol.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't stand shopping with other people and always prefer to go alone. I want to be free to take my time choosing and not have to worry about infuriating anyone else with my indecision.

8. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I can't stand shopping with other people. I feel like I am such an annoyance because I am always price checking and looking for what's on sale, if it's a truly good sale or just a trap. I prefer to shop alone so I don't feel pressure to not hold the other person up. Shopping with others usually just makes me rush through and not even get everything I meant to get because I get distracted by price checking or something and then feel I'm holding the other person up and just say that I'm done so they can finish up too.

9. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    Nahhh, I don't mind bringing a couple of friends. It really depends on what kind of people you bring. Whenever we go shopping at a mall, we have fun, eat and hunt deals. That's it. At the mall we deal scavengers. Most of the time me and my friends are just shopping together but looking through stores individually to see what we like. Nobody should pressure you into buying anything. And don't listen to the "oh you look good in this or that" because ultimately you have to like it. If you don't like it, you won't end up even wearing it as much which basically means you wasted your money buying it. It takes time to hunt for the perfect clothing at the price your willing to pay but it'll pay off. When you actually purchase something YOU like, you'll be wearing it a lot more often and in the end it was worth spending. Just remember it's you whose wearing it, not your friend. Have fun with your friends shopping but don't let them dictate what you spend your money on.

10. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I used to shop with friends, but I found I was much more prone to impulse buying when I did. Not that I did a whole lot of it, but since most of my friends don’t really have the same tastes as I do, some of those purchases would be things that didn’t suit me at all. So I’ve come to prefer shopping alone. It’s better for my wallet, and it gives me more ample time to browse and comparison-shop.

11. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    As I generally only shop at the stores when I need something or have something specific to buy and don't particularly enjoy browsing round stores just for the sake of it and therefore really, really dislike hanging around waiting for people to try things on or for them to decide what it is they actually want to buy - especially as the latter can take a seriously huge amount of time - no I don't have any shopping buddies

Shopping for me is way more pleasant if I can do it alone - as apart from the fact that I know what I like and what suits me, as well as how much I want to spend - it allows me the freedom to choose which stores I go into and what I want to look at without having to worry about what anyone else wants to do.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I almost always shop with my husband, because although he's not a metrosexual man, he loves to dress well. We help each other with our choices and keep each other from over spending LOL But once in a while I go out shopping with my cousin and best friend, especially when it's for hair and makeup stuff. I enjoy that. I just don't like going shopping in a group, it's too messy for my liking.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think when it comes to how you look, it's ok to spend a bit more rather than spend less and look awkward afterwards, making the purchase a waste. I actually prefer to shop or even watch a movie alone, because having a companion just slows you down in my opinion. I remember just sitting inside this store because my friend told me to pretend that I'm looking at their bags so that she can flirt with the guy sales clerk! Talk about slowing you down.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I shop online a lot, so I guess that makes me a lone shopper?even going to shopping malls and stores, I do prefer the shop by myself. I love shopping with my mom, she has great inputs it is honest always, but we live almost 5 hours away, so it's not always that we can.

15. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    No, I dont have shopping buddies. I'm a guy. So I really have no desire to have any. When I want something I get in and get out as quickly as possibke. I like getting new things but the actual process of shopping is not something I enjoy very much.