Do You Have To Use More Of An All Natural Product?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by forextraspecialstuff • Jun 5, 2014.

1. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I like to use natural bath and body products whenever I can. The skin is our largest organ and our bodies absorb everything we put on it. Natural products tend to be more expensive but I think they're worth it. One thing I recently noticed is that when I use my all natural face creams, body washes, body lotions and even lip balms I have to use a lot of it. I don't know if I am overloading but it seems like the lack of synthetic ingredients makes the product runnier and not as rich (with the exception of certain oils and butters). Has anyone else noticed this?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Nowadays, the more processed a product has undergone, the more harmful it is because of the chemicals that are involved in making it to appear good, but not really good for the health. They are only good superficially, say a food. They might taste good, but not good for the health, not nutritious. Same thing happens to other products, they might offer something good, only for the moment, but not in the long run. Often what they do is that they make one dependent on them that they are only good as long as you use them, but if you stop using them then worse than before you are using them will happen.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Neutrogena for my face and I believe that is all natural and before that I used Biore which was all natural but they changed something about it. I wish it was better at getting rid of my acne but at least I don't feel like I'm putting chemicals on myself.
    I'm not sure about body wash. I'm not picky on that since my skin doesn't seem sensitive so I tend to go for price and fragrance. I know I need to be careful with shampoo because I've had a problem with dandruff and itchy scalp but I have a thing about using what's already in the house. Until I use up all the shampoo, I'm not switching.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never used to worry about unnatural ingredients in my body care products. I just used what worked for me. Now, I have been making the switch to more natural products. Natural products are much more expensive, but I can tell the difference in my skin when I use them. So, I'm experimenting with making my own natural products. YouTube has been a goldmine. There are some many creative and inspiring people sharing their knowledge and recipes.