Do You Let Your Teenage Daughter Wear Makeup

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Taki • Jul 20, 2014.

1. Taki

TakiMember

Threads:
    My fourteen year old daughter is hounding me to allow her to wear all kinds of makeup. Some of this stuff I do not even use myself. How are some of the other parents on the forum handling this issue? But the real question still remains; is fourteen too young for a girl to start wearing makeup?

2. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    I let my daughter wear light makeup as soon as she entered high school. By light I mean lip gloss, mascara and some blush. No heavy eyeliner or eyeshadow. That came the following year. Ugh. I let her go through her "phase" without making a big deal out of it and she toned it down after a couple months. I believe the fact that some of her friends hated her "look" helped far more than my nagging or grounding her over it. I've done the same thing with my son and his ear gauges. He was "over" that whole thing within 6 months.

3. Taki

TakiMember

Threads:
    Oh no. Those ear gauges creep me out and I often wonder if their little ears are ever going to completely heal up and look normal again. Luckily my daughter has never mentioned an interest in ear gauges because I would probably flip script if she did. I'd rather she get a tattoo than ear gauges.

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    When I was growing up my Mom let me do my own thing when it came to make up. I never wanted to wear anything too crazy but I did like sparkles and glitter so that is what I experimented with the most. The funny thing is how excited I was to wear make up when I was younger and now I wear very little.