Do You Like Buying Office Supplies?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by tasxx • Aug 6, 2015.

1. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I've always been a stationery junkie in that I gravitate towards Neat looking supplies. I also doesn't help that I'm very particular with my supplies: the paper should be extra white, the Pens super smooth, the erasers must completely erase, etc. I find that I love it when I can go out and buy new office supplies and organize my collection. I am also into decorating planners and I find that it helps me stay motivated to do work.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy journals and notebooks when I find ones I like. Often a store may stop selling them or if they are on sale I will buy them. I found some moleskine look a like notebooks recently and bought a few on offer as I know I will use them. I try not to buy too many pens, but finding nice cheap gel pens is something I look for whenever I am in a store.

3. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I like to buy them, yes, but sadly the shops that I like to go to tend to be a lot more expensive than I am able to afford. However, I do have a well priced office supplies shop in my local area, and more often than not there is a sale on, which means that I am able to go in there and stock up on the items that I am running low on. Because of my job, I am actually able to claim office supplies back on expenses so long as they are being used for business purposes, so technically I don't pay for them, however I would still much prefer that they are cheaper whenever possible.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Whenever I would pass by the bookstore, I would always rummage for office supplies like paper clips (the fancy ones), sign pens and index cards that are colorful. I also never fail to buy glue when needed and envelopes too that we use for money gifts. At home, I have a stock of such supplies like fasteners and folders so we need not rush to the bookstore when we need those items.

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I do, but they can get a bit pricey. I used to be the sort who would buy or otherwise acquire all sorts of notebooks but never end up using them, so I said I wouldn’t buy any more until I started filling up the ones I already have. Proud to say I succeeded in that!

That said, some of my other office supplies could use an upgrade. Having a planner again would be nice. And I used to love buying new pens but fell out of the habit, which was fine as I probably had too many anyway. This is no longer the case; I feel like I’m forever running out of decent pens.

6. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    Well, most of the time I prefer buying clothes, hygiene products and cosmetics in general, this is something more like a necessity to me. I am not saying I dislike it, but I prefer other kind of shopping more than office supplies.

7. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    It must be because I am a nerd who isn't one for fashion, that's why I often hang out in bookstores and office supplies stores more than clothes shops. I love the look and feel of books, pens, paper, and other office supplies. I feel contented that my room is filled with office supplies that will come in handy, especially if my mom would want to staple something, and she doesn't have a stapler or some staple wire.

8. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I really like looking at office supplies too. I always go to Staples on Teacher Appreciation Day. I can get 15% off everything I buy and since there are back to school sales I can get a really good deal. I usually end up buy at least $100 worth of stuff ot start off the school year in my classroom. I'm a big fan of Sharpies. I just learned today that you can get Shapies in white, silver and gold. I have black rulers I need to write on and these will come in very handy.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    There was a time when I enjoyed buying decorative materials a lot but I veered off the hobby little by little. Nowadays most of what I make is digital but from time to time I still enjoy doing physical designs even if it's just wrapping Christmas presents during the holidays. Around that time I do tend to shop more at supply stores and I enjoy picking out specific wrappers for each person as well as the the actual wrapping task itself.

10. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I do love buying office supplies and all types of stationery items. I like decorative calendars, stylish file holders and journals for writing. I like the matching sets, like stapler and pen holder and organizer for clips and things. I get really inspired to write and work, just by their beauty.

11. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    When I was younger, I also collected stationeries. In fact, I still have them in my cabinet. I remember writing to my friends and best friends then them writing back. Such fun times lol. Now, I rarely buy office items, only when needed. There are times when I think that there are some cute notebooks and notepads that I like. But their prices make me run the other way.

12. juancarlos

juancarlosMember

Threads:
    I love office supplies. When it comes time to send mail and other documents then i will need something to send it in. I think that will save you a lot of time.

13. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I have a problem with office supplies, specially with pens. Every time I see a bunch of colourful or strange pens I always (and when I say always I'm saying the truth) pick them up. Also, I always have a lot of blank notebooks ready to be used.

14. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I am in an office supplies store, I take a long time because I am always fascinated with the new products the store offers. They are new designs and stuff that I am tempted to buy. I am fascinated by colored papers, fancy notebooks, designer pens, everything nice. Sometimes I think of buying stuff for an art project out of a hobby, but good thing I am able to control myself, since most of the things I want are expensive.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I do, actually I like trying out different types of pens when I am inside the store and then buy the ones that I like. It's been ages since I bought notebooks or any kind or paper products since I don't have any use for them at the moment.

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to purchase calendars and planners. I stock up on pens you can never have too many pens. I have a ream of colored paper that I have no need for but I wanted to be prepared when the need does come along.

17. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I love buying stationary. I just don't have the money to pick out what I want all the time. I find that back to school sales are the best time to fill up on office supplies. This is usually in the summer just before school starts.Sometimes even the dollar store will have some nice stationary unless you are very particular. I know some supplies can get very expensive of it is made with nice material.