Do you like eating raw food?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sidney • Sep 19, 2013.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you like to eat raw food like sushi? As for me, I don't think I can eat something raw, it just doesn't appeal to me. I don't even like half-cooked vegetables in the first place. So how about you, do you like eating raw food?

2. IamaMillionaire

IamaMillionaireNew Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't mind what I eat. I love food. Sushi, vegetables, dairy, and more all taste amazing. Some people try the strict raw food, vegan diets and see great results. Every human being is different. I urge people to go out and try many things for more than just one time.

Although everything tasted great, I never knew that raw foods are hard for my body to digest. Since I have discovered this from my brother, who took a seminar on ayurveda, I have had to change a little bit of how I eat my food. Not necessarily what I ate. If we look at ayurveda, my body type is kapha, which means my food should be cooked, spicy, and easy to digest. Frequently now I eat fully cooked meals most of the time, and when I don't (salad for instance) I tend to get sluggish for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

So for me, cooked food and I urge people to learn what body type so they know how to eat for them.

3. fishbowl

fishbowlNew Member

Threads:
    I love eating vegetables like carrots and celery raw, preferably with ranch sauce but they taste fine without it. Strangely enough, I'm not a very big fan of cooked carrots unless there is a lot of butter involved :p. I also like salads with a lot of variety. Some veggies are better uncooked, some are better cooked (like potatoes or corn).

As far as non-vegetables go, sushi took a while for my tongue to start liking, but once I adjusted to it it became very hard to resist.

"Ayurveda"? Could you expand on what that is?

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I think the only thing i can eat raw, that is suppose to be cooked, is carrots. I really prefer carrots raw rather than cooked, because they lose their crunchy state.

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Generally no, I prefer cooked food. The cooking process adds flavours and makes it more enjoyable to eat. Raw carrots, for instance, are quite good but I would prefer a roasted carrot as it brings out the natural sweetness in the vegetable.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    By the time veggies get to most of your plates, the nutritional value has dropped dramatically. Cooking finishes it off. I do prefer to cook them as little as possible when I do, but raw veggies are preferable. It takes time to adjust to eating that way. Most people that don't like raw veggies, haven't tried it long enough to allow the body, mind and taste buds to adjust. But then, some are just god awful when raw lol. As for sushi, never.. I don't eat anything from the water, they all make me gag lol.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So you hate seafood then? Shrimps and squids taste good, although I don't like eating fish that much. But I'll eat it if it's fried. I also have never tasted sushi yet, and I don't think that I would want to. It doesn't even look appealing to me.

8. byersals

byersalsNew Member

Threads:
    I can handle raw vegetables and raw fruit. Raw fish is not something that I have any desire to try.

9. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I can eat raw vegetables and raw food, but I most definitely can't eat raw fish dishes like sushi or raw meat dishes like tartare. I find those disgusting.

10. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree I can't eat anything that isn't fully cooked.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Not all sushi is raw, but I really do like eating raw salmon when it is prepared as sushi. It totally melts in your mouth and has a wonderful flavor to it. It's much juicier than the cooked variety. It's almost like biting into a tender medium rare steak. Raw red snapper on the other hand I don't care for, since it's always been kind of tough and chewy when I've had it.

Most vegetables I prefer raw or only lightly cooked. Anything else reminds me of processed veggies out of a can.

12. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I do not care for raw food but I will eat it because it is healthier than cooked food. I never ate raw meat nor do I plan on doing so in the future. I will eat raw vegetables because the cooking process sucks the nutrients right out of them. If you cook vegetables you should steam them. That way they hold onto the majority of their vitamins/nutrients.

13. churchies

churchiesNew Member

Threads:
    I use to be scared of eating raw food such as raw salmon and raw tuna due to all the news that I had heard of people getting worms from it. After my mum persuaded me to try it out just to see if I liked it I GREW TO LOVE IT. Nowadays I have it once every few months and I have fallen in love with it.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Isn't raw food a bit risky to eat because it's not fully cooked, especially fish and meat? Oh well, that's just my perspective. I'm equally bothered about how they might taste too. I guess some people just have a natural liking for raw food.

15. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I eat some veggies raw (carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc), but I could not eat something like sushi. I don't even like eating meat that is a little bit pink.

16. stutin

stutinNew Member

Threads:
    Yikes! I would never try to eat raw food deliberately, now I have eaten sushi and I heard that it is made up on raw fish, but then it tastes good. That's the only raw food I have ever tasted....

17. 10theMCEE

10theMCEENew Member

Threads:
    Raw food can be enjoyed in different ways especially for vegetables. Other cultures like Japanese cuisine is proud of its sushi and for some, this could be the exception when it comes to eating raw food. In my case, raw vegetables like carrots are a big OK but would be thinking twice for meat or fish.

18. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I can't eat anything that isn't fully cooked either. I even find raw vegetables boring if they aren't cooked fully. I must admit I have never tried sushi though, people tell me I should. I'm not sure if I could stomach it, so I have never tried.

19. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy eating raw vegetables, fruits and nuts. That's it. I don't even eat meat that's cooked rare. For a long time, I refused to go into a sushi restaurant because I thought all of it was raw. Recently learned that there are many cooked varieties.

20. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    There are some vegetables that I can eat raw. But that just it. I don't like eating raw food because it increased the risk of having colon cancer and other diseases. I also don't like the taste of raw meat and fish. I can't tolerate it.