Do You Like Eating Seafood?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sidney • Dec 15, 2013.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm just wondering who in here likes and does not like seafood. I can eat seafood, but just a few of them like fish, shrimp, crab, etc. but the fish should not have soup in it, it should be fried. I know most people eat seafood, but I actually know someone who does not eat any kind of seafood at all! She said she will never even taste them. How about you? Do you like seafood or you don't eat it?

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I like most seafood apart from Squid and Oysters. That stuff is just nasty.

I'm a really big fan of salmon, lobster and muscles in a spicy sauce.

I refuse to eat sushi though!

3. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I love seafood, fish and shrimp are on my top list. I enjoy seafood mostly when I'm going out my husband and I. I love Joe Crab shake cause they have all the seafood you can it steamed ready to eat. I love to catch the Friday and Saturday night seafood anywhere. Where there is an all you can eat buffet. Some seafood if boiled or baked in which I prefer is good for you if not heavily seasoned. But overall I would prefer seafood over any.

4. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I love the seafood. In fact, I live in a seaside town and I'm very used to consuming such products. The seafood stew is a specialty of my family, it's a real delicacy. I don't have any prejudice and gastronomic least in this sense. However there is something I would like to try: lobster, a specialty in the south of my country. :p

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am very happy that I am not one of the people allergic to seafood and can not eat shellfish.

I don't generally eat fried food, but I will eat fried fish. I like salmon baked or grilled. We eat mostly whiting in our house at least once a week, we also have tuna salad at least once a week.

I do not like Sushi or squid.

6. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    I love seafood. I could eat it all day and all night. I think it is much healthier, too. As long as the fish come from good waters. My favorite seafood restaurant is Red Lobster. Yes, I know it is very expensive, but the food is out of this world. The atmosphere is relaxing and the servers are great. Long John Silvers is my second favorite place to get seafood. It is sort of fast food though, so I don't know if it really counts.

7. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I love seafood. I'm from Florida so seafood has always been a big part of my diet. I love fish, conch, shrimp, and lobster. I love conch fritters and conch creole. I used to go to this Dominican restaurant just for their coconut shrimp dish. It was sooooo good! I don't like eating the other stuff like squid, octopus, and caviar. And I could never eat sea-mammals like dolphins and manatees.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that many people in here don't like squid. It tastes good! Maybe you guys just haven't encountered the right recipe for it. I eat it with sauce too! Anyway, I also don't eat sushi, and I think I would gag if I even try to taste it because it's raw. I don't think I can ever eat raw food.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Except for a few kinds of FISH I don't eat seafood. No offense meant to those who like shrimp and lobsters, oysters and such like but I tried them once and vowed never to try them. I found oysters quite disgusting.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So what are the few kinds of fish that you eat? Canned tuna? That's one of my favorites by the way. I can relate to the part where fish can be disgusting, some fish recipes don't even smell good at all, how much more how they taste!

11. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy eating seafood.

My favorite kind is shrimp and catfish. The seafood h I ate that was unique in flavor was conch. I hate this food at a Caribbean restaurant. It was well-seasoned, fried (fritter style) and delicious.

Fried-Conch-Fritters.

12. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I love some of them and I hate a lot of them. My favorites are prawn, shrimps, lobsters, crabs, and most of the crustaceans. The seafood I dread most are squids, cuttlefish, sea cucumber, and all the sticky, squishy ones. Yuck!

13. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what seafood. I am allergic to crab, which makes me extremely itchy. I do like shrimp, loster, scallop, and some fish. My dad sometimes buy some Chinese fish that considers seafood, which is quite good considering I'm not a big fan of eating fish.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Fish is alright with me, but the rest kind of makes me nauseous, mostly because of the smell. I also dislike the way most of them look, and even though I have tasted some of them like shrimp and crabs, I don't think I'll be eating any of them ever again. I'd still rather have just been able to like and eat these, though, especially lobsters since those do look pretty fun to eat, and I'd have less of a hard time picking out menu orders if I could just eat food with shrimp, but it's okay since I think it's better than hating some other more common meat like chicken.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So you will not want to eat seafood because you don't like how it looks even if it tasted good? That's strange. As for me, I will eat any food even if it looks unsightly as long as it tastes good.

16. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it comes from the water, I won't eat it. I've tried everything there is too.. from a box, restaurants, fresh from the ocean, I gave it a far more than fair shot I'd say and still, I could barely get past the smell, let alone the taste. Which is funny, because when I was pregnant with my first, I craved it like nothing else. I drooled over the lobster commercials and thought for sure I'd like it by now. Went out for dinner with friends and smelled it immediately. Needless to say I was hugging the toilet within minutes of getting there. No idea why I craved it, and no, my first born doesn't like any of it either lol.

17. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a very big seafood person. I eat everything -- all seafood from octopus to oysters. Love it. In fact, just grubbed out on some crab meat tonight. Yes!!

18. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I am a vegetarian, so no, I don't like eating seafood. I am also allergic to seafood. My boyfriend loves some seafoods though.

I remember the first time I ate shrimp, my face swelled up in itchy hives and my eyes swelled halfway shut. It was not a good experience lol.

19. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    Yes, seafood is actually one of my favorite types of foods to eat. My favorite kinds of seafood are shrimp, fish (preferably fried), crab cakes, salmon, and more. For your friend that you said has never tried seafood before, maybe she is allergic to it. My brother happens to be allergic to seafood as well.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Your son probably "inherited" your dislike for fish. :D I know the smell of fish is appalling, but I think they vary in intensity though. Like tuna for example, I love eating canned tuna and tuna sandwich, and the smell of canned tuna is tolerable and not really that bad in my opinion.