Do you like fresh juice?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Dora M • Mar 12, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Today when I went shopping I was thinking about buying a vegetable juice, but then decided against it when I read about all the ingredients. Why would they put sugar and soy protein into an alleged "organic" juice? Another ingredient was potassium sorbate, a preservative. I don't believe that these highly concentrated juices are good for one's health. I think I will invest in a juice this month.

2. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    In stores, there are so many places to buy unhealthy juices. Rarely do we see any juices in stores that are 100% natural. You never know if the nutritional facts are lies. The best way to get fresh juice is to make your own. Get actual fruits (from a reliable seller) that are 100% natural without any preservatives. Once you get them, you can easily blend them with and make some nice, homemade juice.

However, I'm against the process of juicing (dieting by only drinking vegetable and fruit juice). It's unhealthy to only eat vegetables and fruits because those are incomplete nutrients in order for you to sustain. You need protein, so don't forget to eat the healthiest protein sources, such as chicken or fish.

3. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    I agree, juicing fruits and vegetables should not be the only source of nutrients in your diet. As long as you are consuming a balanced diet, then juicing is very beneficial. Many us are nutrient deprived. Be careful with organic labelling. Companies can be very sneaky with marketing techniques; make sure products are certified organic. A bottle could say organic on it, but it may only be made with a certain organic ingredient (e.g. organic apples were used, but the product as a whole is not certified organic).

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    Sugar is of course there to make it taste sweeter. Soy protein... to make it more thick? Basically just adding ingredients which make the juice seem like it's better than it really is.
    The only way to get real organic juice is to make it yourself. Not that hard either, I used to do it with oranges all the time. The taste is great and you know that it's fresh and there isn't anything extra in it. The problem is the price...

5. astockd1

astockd1Member

Threads:
    I have wanted a juicer for years! I intend to get one as soon as I move out- my mother would think it's too weird and not allow it in her kitchen. I make my own fruit/veggie smoothies a lot, and really enjoy it. I like Naked juice, which has 3-4 servings of fruit in each bottle. My favorite is Mighty Mango- it is expensive, but if you add up the cost of each fruit in it (the bottle tells you how much of each is in it), it isn't really that overpriced. Juicing is a great thing!

6. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I love fresh juice and smoothie blends. The only thing I hate is cutting up the fruit first. What I try to do is make enough for future use but some who like to juice for health reasons say this is not effective.