Do you like gardening

Discussion in Home & Garden started by maddie • Feb 9, 2013.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    What kind of a gardener are you? Do you keep looking at your plants and watch them grow each day or do you do your job and let the plants do theirs? Do you do flowers and showy gardens or kitchen and food garden? What is it you love about gardening?

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    The garden is an oasis in the routine. I enjoy taking care of my garden, a small space in the world where I print my personal brand. The color scheme (where the prevailing green) and subtle perfume of flowers that generate energy and positive influence on my mood, health and spirit. Taking care of every detail and to balance this small environment is a pleasant task for anyone. I haven't much time available for this task, but I always find a time in the day to devote to the care of plants and flowers. Climate changes are generating erratic behavior in plant growth and that becomes a new challenge. From the first moment you enter into contact with the plants, see the pleasant feeling that can be transmitted, with its vivid colors, the gentle sway of the leaves, the scent of the petals and flowers, and seeing how they grow constantly. Everyone should try this experience. :eek:

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You are so right. I love my garden. The winter this year has been different, cold but no snow, and no that the groundhog says spring is right around the corner I am ready. The red breasted robin is still in our area. I don't think I have ever seen a winter where the bird did not leave. The sight of the robin to me is the sign that spring is on the way.

I plant in the yard and in planters. I grow flowers and vegetables during the summer growing months and always have plants in the house. I have already started to think about my garden for this summer. I would like to have a atrium room on the back of my house.

4. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I am the kind of gardener who delights in seeing the little changes that happen with my plants from day to day. Unfortunately, I am also the kind of gardener that occasionally gets sidetracked and forgets to water her plants :-( I also procrastinate at transplanting sometimes (like now).

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love gardening. I don't get to do it much anymore. I love planting the seeds and the let them do their thing. I don't have to watch them on a daily basis, but I really do enjoy watch was develops.

I have enjoyed gardening since I was a kid. I was so fascinated by what happened by just planting a seed and giving it some love and water.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love gardening but I'm taking a break from buying any new plants for now, because I'm apartment hunting and I don't want to plant anything that will have to be moved. I'm just taking care of my existing plants and not adding anything else for now. By the time I move, all the summer plants and yard stuff will be on sale so I'm not doing any new projects until the summer.

It's not easy because there are a lot of springtime sales and I saw some tempting marked down closeout houseplants at Home Depot today. I'm trying to be patient and disciplined. There'll be other sales.

7. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Actually I should do that too..we will soon have to move to our new home.. and its time I stopped getting new plants.. But just today.. I was at the nursery looking at plants to buy and got myself a few dracenas.. Lol at this rate I will have to find a farm not a home in the city:)

8. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I completely understand that. I only recently got into it again and all of my plants are in containers. I can't help checking on seeds and seedlings daily though, to see if there's any new development. It's so fascinating and thrilling to watch, lol.

9. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    The first flowers of my jasmine have opened today, and there's a wonderful smell on the terrace. I'm not a big fan of gardening, but I do love to see the flowers opening, especially the scented ones like jasmine and roses. I do most of the gardening jobs such as weeding and digging, because my husband has asbestosis, so it's uncomfortable for him, but he's the wizard with plants and seedlings. Last year, he grew some tomato plants from the seeds from some tomatoes we'd eaten for tea. We had loads of them, and they were absolutely delicious.

10. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I love gardening but due to age and a bad back I have had to really scale back on the amount of gardening that I do. I used to have numerous flower beds and several raised garden beds for veggies and herbs. Now I have a small herb garden growing on my kitchen window sill, my veggies are in two large containers with what I need to make fresh salads with and have have just one flower bed. I still love gardening but the amount of work I do now is very minimal.

11. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I can totally understand that... if you have a bad back couple d with age.. gardening is one of the worst things to do .. and the sad part is you really wish you could do more. I have had back issues for a few years now and sometimes it hurts so much after I go berserk working with my plants. I love gardening so much that I don't feel the pain until I get into bed.. I hope I am able to do as much as I grow older..

12. justbuyflowers

justbuyflowersNew Member

Threads:
    I love gardening so much. Every day i watch my flowers and care them. I have enjoyed gardening.

13. elenaboss79

elenaboss79New Member

Threads:
    Garden is escape from daily routine. Flowers to enjoy and herbs to have fresh for cooking. Everything what can grow in pots. I'm happy when I talk to my plants. Seem that they grow better after. Don't you think so?

14. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I love gardening, but i am not good at it at all. Still learning how to take care of my plants.

15. MardenI

MardenINew Member

Threads:
    Yes, I'm also a hobby gardener.
    I like to see seeds turning into small plants and also love harvesting what I planted.

After sowing in peas and beans in our small greenhouse, I have now planted them out in the garden.
    I have to cover them during nights because of freezing temperatures.

16. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I love gardening. I am rather lucky in that we have two gardens, the front one is completely concreted over but the back one isn't and I spend a good few hours a day out there. One of my favourite things to do is to grab a couple of cans of beer and sit in my chair out there and watch the sun go down. Not now though as it is FREEZING here. :)

17. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My mother use to keep a garden and I always loved plants and flowers and just recently decided to start my own garden I don't have much exp when it comes to gardens but I can't wait to get started

18. MardenI

MardenINew Member

Threads:
    When you sow seeds in house.
    I just learned that seedlings after they sprout, they immediately need a lot of light.
    So don't hold them in a room where there's not too much light.

19. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Vpresson I am sure you will enjoy gardening.. Just watching plants sprout from seeds and grow into beautiful bushes / plants and bear flowers or fruits is an amazing sight and a rewarding experience. I cannot have enough of it.. I have been gardening since I was a little child.

20. Michael Brown

Michael BrownNew Member

Threads:
    I also love gardening. I have vegetable garden in my home and always delighted and inspired everytime I harvest and clean it.