Do You Like The Chinese Buffet? If So, What Is Your Favorite Item?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by nherie • May 11, 2012.

1. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    Do any of you enjoy Chinese restaurants? I love going to the Chinese buffet and pigging out a little bit. I really like the "crab" casserole and the black pepper chicken. I prefer the buffet because it allows me to have a little bit of everything, instead of ordering one or two things off the menu. Any tips on getting your money's worth? I drink the hot tea instead of soda, it seems to help me to eat a little more since soda seems to give you that gassy feeling.

2. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Being 1/4 Chinese, I personally love Chinese food. From time to time, my family and I go to eat breakfast at Chinese restaurants, and there's a place here that actually offers cheap but high quality Chinese buffet ($7 per head).

My favorite Chinese food include lemon chicken, and pretty much all dimsum. I also love noodles, and I prefer the homemade ones.

3. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy the Chinese buffet and we have one that serves really good food at a nice price (6.00) for adults and (4.5) for the kids under nine. They have crab ragoon and I may have to have intervention to stop me eating a case of them at a time. In order to load up as much as possible I like to get a plate of meat and veg; a plate of fruit and soup; drink some water; a plate of veg, meat, and carbs; and then dessert. If there is room after that I get what looks good (crab ragoon and eggrolls) and just sort of get ready to explode.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    There are a lot of Chinese buffet restaurants in Spain, and they're very reasonable - usually between 6 and 10 Euro (approximately $8 - $13). I love most of the dishes, but duck breast and deep fried prawns are my favourites. Most of the Chinese buffets here also have a wok buffet, where you select your meat, fish and vegetables, and have it cooked in front of you, with a sauce of your choice. That's my favourite part of the meal, and I always go for that first, before I get too full to enjoy it.

Tips for maxing out on the food? Take it easy to start with, and take a break between platefuls. Drink wine, tea or water, rather than gassy sodas or beers, which will bloat you and fill you up too quickly.

5. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid buffets of any calliber. They just make me over eat, and I just don't want to do that. Makes me feel uncomfortable, and my clothes fit too tight lol. I learned my lesson a long time. A moment on the lips and a lifetime on my freakin hips!

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Chinese buffets are amazing, IF you go to the right place. However, I do not gain at buffets of any kind as when I see a lot of food in one place....one thing happens: I become full immediately. It is horrible and I really hate it but it has been like this since I was about 4 (that I can remember).

I really remember enjoying the duck at a Chinese restaurant once. Wow, it was yum.

7. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to any Chinese buffets but there is a place in Bangkok where you can eat all you want for just 4 usd. The variety of food available is very big. Basically, it's a Korean steamboat arrangement. You get a stove with a pot on it. The pot is special in that you can both boil your food and grill it, too. Looks like this:
    VoqF3.

The only condition is that you must finish whatever you take. Otherwise you would be fined 100 bahts which is about equal to 3.50 usd.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It's true!

I still love going to buffets, though, and I know I'm going to pig out even if I try not to. I love being able to try a little bit of everything, which adds up even when you're being careful.

I'm not sure I have a favorite, though. Ours have a mix of some American-Chinese food, too, so it's not always the most authentic, but it's always quite yummy regardless.

9. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    The buffet that I go to has a sign asking you to not waste food or they will charge you for the waste, per pound! I don't think that they really charge you, they just want to discourage wastefulness. I eat every little last bit though!