Do you like to get dressed up?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Mayvin • Aug 1, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I'll be the first to admit that I'm really not into getting dressed up, at least not on a regular basis. I find the clothes to be uncomfortable like stockings, Heels ect... they're just fussy, itching, and annoying most of the time lol. The work that I do doesn't involve me being dressed up and generally I'm not in a situation where I need to be. How about others, do you like getting dressed up or not?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't exactly like to dress up, but I certainly need to feel well dressed. By that I mean, I enjoy the feeling of clothes that fit and suit me well. For special occasions, I will perhaps spend an hour or so getting ready, but I don't wear high heels, stockings and the whole rest. I just work a little more on my hair and make-up.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never dress up. When you live alone and don't go out much there's hardly any need for that. If a pair of shorts and old t-shirt suit you for that day [especially if it's as hot as it is today] you just slip them on and enjoy the rest of the day dressed in clothes that you're comfortable in. Only occasionally will you find me dressed up. But most of the time, I don't do it.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope, I don't like to get dressed up. It's uncomfortable and I can't do productive work in uncomfortable ,fussy clothes. I walk everywhere, so high heels are not practical for me.
    I have to wear useful, practical clothes in order to get things accomplished. I'm a single mom so I have to be the breadwinner and do the household chores.
    If someone gave me fancy clothes, I would rather sell them than wear them.

5. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I love getting dressed up. I think it is so fun to have a chance to get all dolled up and wear some fancier clothes. I also like getting dressed up because it generally means I am going somewhere fun. Now that I work from home I rarely get dressed up, I actually spend most days in yoga pants, but when I have a meeting to attend I like to go all out. Nothing tacky, but I appreciate all of the elements of a "dressy" outfit.

6. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely need to dress up nowadays so it feels almost like a treat and I feel great when I'm wearing a suit.
    A couple of years ago I had to wear a suit everyday because of my job and back then it felt almost like torture, I couldn't wait to get home and take my tie off.

7. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I love getting dressed up. It's a shame I don't have a lot of opportunities to do it. I like wearing dresses and doing my makeup and wearing earrings and nice looking shoes.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love to dress up. I love going to fancy parties or formal meetings, because I get to choose my best outfits and look my best. I also love to shop for dressed up clothing.

9. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    I don't get to dress up very often, but I love doing so. I have lived in a variety of cities and some definitely offer more dress-up opportunities, there are almost none where I am now. But when I get the chance since I rarely do, now I go all out with a manicure, hairstyle, some pampering beauty treatments and a nice dress, it makes me feel very good.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do, even though I'll admit that it's a bit to much effort, but it does make me feel good when I'm wearing nice clothes. I think life is too short to cling on to comfort zones, so I try as much as I can to dress up as well as I can whenever I find an excuse to do so. It's fun and it gives me confidence, and it's definitely worth the slight discomfort.

11. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I hated it when I was younger!
    Nowadays, I actually really like to see myself wearing a nice blazer, a shirt, etc...

There's nothing wrong with not liking it though...
    Mark Cuban has been quite vocal about the fact that, he doesn't like to dress like the rest of the rich people so...