Do You Like To Wear Capri's?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Oct 5, 2014.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always preferred capri's over leggings and skinny jeans. I don't want to wear clothes that cling to my legs that much, although I do have some capri's that are a bit fitted and stretchable. It seems like they are still in fashion too, since I still see other girls wearing them.

So are you still wearing or did you wear capri's when they were in fashion, or you don't wear them at all and prefer the other types of pants like skinny jeans or leggings?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I loved how you described it as "an established sense of freedom to my legs". It seems like you were really feeling stifled and suffocated when you wore those other types of jeans. I hate that tight and clingy feeling, so for me, capri's rule! I also wear those normal cut jeans though but very rarely, because they seem to be not in fashion nowadays, lol.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do have capri jeans and yoga pants, but they are for summer only as I like to wear them with flip flops or sandals. They can make the leg look thinner or chunkier depending on your build, so I understand why some people wont' buy them. For short people like my mother, they are like full length trousers so she likes them for that reason.

4. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I actually have never worn Capri's probably because you have to wear flats with them and I don't look the greatest in flats. But on other people, it actually looks good. I may try the eventually just to see if I could pull them off with a pair of flats that may look good on me.

5. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I wore capris when they were really in style but now I don't. I don't think they are the most flattering on me and would rather wear shorts, a dress/skirt, or pants to the ankle.

6. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear them just because I don't think they would compliment my legs at all, besides, I would feel like my pants were to short and be uncomfortable all day! Haha.

7. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I did not realize how many Capri's I wear until this summer when I looked at all the pants in my closet and realized 80% were Capri's. I think they are the perfect style because shorts can be cold and too informal, trousers can be overly formal. But Capri's can look dressy or casual. They often are made with comfortable fabrics. Some Kohl's at the moment are having a sale on Capri pants for 11.99 - check it out!

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Capri's vary from being knee-length to a couple of inches above your ankle. I have seen girls both in magazines and in person wearing rubber shoes with them, so you might want to try that style out. As for me I wear flat sandals when I wear capri's. I think they look ok with flip-flops too.

9. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't care for capris because I wear socks that come up to my ankle and it doesn't look nice to see leg above an ankle sock on an adult woman, or so my mom managed to convince me. I have tried those low socks, but when I wear tennis shoes they tend to ride down the back of my heal and I have to pull them up. I prefer full length pants so I don't have to worry about any of that. I pretty much only wear pants for outdoor work, so I like my lower leg to be protected from scratches as well.

10. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    Capri's are my favorite bottoms to wear. They are comfortable and fit me perfectly all of the time!! I am really short, so I find it hard to find full length pants to fit me properly. I never have to worry about that with capri's. We are blessed to live in Florida where they are really appropriate all year round!!!

Danyel :)

11. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear capris very often...I don't really care so much whether they're considered "in style" or not (I don't even pay attention to in styles all that much, lol). It's just not really a style that I personally love on myself...sometimes I'll wear crops for working out, it helps me stay a little cooler and feel a little less restricted, but a lot of the time I'm happier with regular yoga pants.

12. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really wear capri pants. I feel like they look weird on me because my ankles are showing. I don't know. I am just weird I guess. In fact, I love leggings. If I could just wear them every day, I would. :)

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, leggings also show your ankles, right? I guess it is indeed weird. :D As for me, I don't like leggings. They seem tight and I don't want my legs to feel constricted. That's why I never bought skinny jeans.

14. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    When they were in style, I used to wear capris a lot. Now they probably aren't that flattering on me, because I don't have the smallest calves, but I really didn't care. They were so comfortable and easy to find at any store. Now, not so much. I would buy them again in a heartbeat, but since I don't see them around as often as I once did, I'm not actively looking for them.