Do You Like To Wear Hoodies?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Feb 11, 2015.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember those short-sleeved shirts that were made of thin Fabric that had hoodies back then in the early 2000's, and they were a hot fashion fad around that time. Then after a while, it faded, and the only hoodies that are now being sold are really meant for keeping warm with thicker fabric as material.

So I'd like to ask if you like to wear hoodies for casual wear even if the weather isn't cold, or you only wear them when the weather is cold and you need to keep warm? Because come to think of it, the hoodie itself is a good fashion statement, especially if you prefer the sporty look.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like wearing hoodies as a casual item, as it saves me having to take a jacket or coat with me when I go out. I feel more relaxed in them, but I never used to wear them until I found them useful for shopping in the mall. To be honest I rarely used the hood, but I have a few times when there was a rain shower it was handy and also at night to keep my ears warm.

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I used to up until about 13, but not any more. I prefer flannel shirts usually, with a coat or jumper in winter. Hoodies are OK indoors, but I don't really like wearing them out.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hoodies aren't the best fashion statement here in the UK, and are usually associated with juvenile delinquents!! They're great for keeping warm in the house though and are very comfortable.

5. DejiK

DejiKMember

Threads:
    missbishi you're right! I also live in the UK and I absolutely love wearing hoodies, they're super comfortable and hood comes in really really handy in the winter. However I do notice that if I am wearing one and I walk into a store to buy something, all eyes automatically lock on me, as though the hood has turned me into some unknown being which is to be observed at close quarters but never approached ;)

6. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I only wear hoodies to keep warm, haha. I don't generally wear them out though, because wearing a hoodie always has been like something a slob would wear. It's like wearing your pajamas to the grocery store.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have several hoodies that I wear to keep warm, and since I don't wear a hat the hood comes in handy. I do have one that is part of a casual outfit that is thin that I like to wear when I go out for a walk. When it is cold I even sleep in a heavy hoodie to stay warm.

8. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I do enjoy wearing hoodies. I have a few from Under Armor, Nike and Nautica. Mostly wear them when I'm casually hanging out, or even when I'm working out a need a bit more warmth. Need to get a couple more now that I think about it. Been on a big Under Armour kick here lately, so that's probably what I'll buy.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like hoodies and I especially like ones made with lighter material because it's not really too cold here and I still like wearing it over a regular shirt just for a bit more flair. Also when the material is too thick it bulks up my appearance so that even more of a negative for me. If it were really cold here I'd more likely just go for a regular jacket instead since I like the lines of those a bit more anyway.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's kinda funny. I wonder what made the hoodies suffer such discrimination over there in the UK. :p I guess when they catch criminals or shoplifters, they noticed a pattern that most or maybe all of them were wearing hoodies? :D Over here where I live, just last holiday season when it was cold I saw a couple of young adults wearing hoodies while they were walking.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well it's always so cold in the office, what with the AC blasting like it's about to spit snow. So even if the outside weather is hot, I have more than a reasonable excuse to wear hoodies. I have 2 hoodies in my closet, one with long sleeves and another with slightly shorter sleeves. I only wear them in the office or during cold, rainy weathers.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't either love hoodies, or shy away from them. I live in the UK - in England, and so it gets really chilly here at times. A hoodie is necessary, though there are certain areas of London where wearing a hoodie in certain areas or shopping centres with high theft or crime rates is forbidden, which is stupid. But whatever.

13. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    I leave for work very early in the morning when it's chilly outside so I wear a hoodie over my formal work clothes, it keeps me warm and comfy before I get to the office and have some coffee, also my ears hurt when they're exposed to the cold so it's useful as well.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love wearing hoodies! However as I work everyday on weekdays and i need to wear business casual attire i don't wear as many hoodies as I wish i would. Also where I live it is very warm almost all year so wearing a hoodie is often out of the question as well!

15. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    They have nice looking hoodies now, with patterns on them. I think these would look pretty nice if you dress in a sporty fashion. I prefer to wear them to keep me warm though, because my other jackets don't have hoods and my ears tend to get a bit cold. I'm thinking if I could lose a little weight, I could start being more sporty.

16. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually enjoy wearing goodies. I usually buy them from Amazon as they are quite cheap and totally worth the price. I usually wear them in winter.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Prohibited as in they won't really let you in if you're wearing a hoodie? That's quite a trivial rule. But I guess the crime rates are high enough for them to prohibit it.

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    Yes. It's trivial right, but it is mostly in urban areas - which adds another layer of ridiculousness to it, if you ask me, because every black person who ears a hoodie is not a criminal, but according to the police over here, that is sort of the case.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really? And they seem only focused on black people, so I can sense some racism. Even on tv, the criminals there always wear a hoodie when they don't want to be recognized that much. So I guess the hoodies are the less obvious way that a criminal can hide their faces.

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    True, but that is with everywhere in the world. Why this area seems to think it is so special that they must prohibit the use of hoodies altogether, is a little silly. It's cold in the UK lol. Hoodies keep people warm, and it's just clothing. But apparently not lol.