Do You Like Vintage Clothing?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Jasmine2015 • Dec 18, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I think what counts as "vintage" is anything that is 30 or years old. If that's not the case than correct me. Either way I have found some vintages crochet patterns online. The one I have found was a pattern on how to make the pill box hat. I don't know how many women still wear those types of hats today but I kind of like it. I also like when someone can take something that is vintage and " bring it up to date". Do you like shopping for vintage clothes or jewelry?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have my old clothes in the other closet. "Other" means the storage that is for souvenirs. How can I wear the old clothes like the bell bottom slacks and the stretchable blouses? No, don't get me wrong, it's not about the fashion but the size has become obsolete. I was only 120 pounds then and now I'm 160 so it's understandable. Maybe it's better to dispose of it by selling but I still prefer to have them as souvenirs for now.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love vintage clothing! I love it, but my only problem with it is that it is too small. The clothes and people back then were smaller than they are today. It's cute clothing, but only super small people can wear it. I do like vintage clothes that I can extend or tailor to fit me!

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Besides old clothing may serve us to try to lose weight to fit in again.

Happens to me also; I have a bag with clothes, which are now too small, but pretty and I'm still wanting to wear them back... if I can only lose weight!

However I have another bag of vintage clothes, which are too big for me to wear now. These comes from a period of time in which I gained weight in excess, and while I don't pretend to fit in them again, I like to keep them due to its fashion, and because nobody knows if one day I'm going to need extra size again.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I too like vintage clothing. I think vintage is so dainty. Don't like crinoline though. I love vintage jewelry too. 319955_orig.
    image from:

So much color, pretty floral designs and so roomy, love it!

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It looks like we are on the opposite side of the weighing scale, hahahaaah. It's so nice to know that your old clothes wouldn't fit you because they are too big. So that means you have tapered down and probably looking good with a sexy figure. For me, well, that's a dream beyond my reach right now because I am battling with the scales every morning. And these are the holidays that is full of eating and feasting. Oh my.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like some of the dresses that

posted, especially the bright orange dress. BUT other than that, I honestly don't like vintage clothes. I know some women can really rock them, but it's not something I like to dress in. I just don't find it that appealing, plus it's very expensive. I much prefer modern clothes. Some of it looks too old to be worn by anyone under the age of 75 LOL

8. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my “vintage “ clothing is classed as items that are around 30 years old.....that's almost frightening :D

Especially as - never mind the bell bottoms, stretchy tops and A-line dresses - I have a very vivid recollection of - pop-art A-line paper dresses, shoulder pads, bat wing sleeved tops, kipper ties, huge collared polyester shirts and last but not least crimplene (the most hated fabric ever invented) - which were all the rage back then and probably the worst fashions of these decades.

So - nope - apart from the fact that clothing materials are much improved these days - having already been through the time of wearing some these items - “ vintage “ clothing has absolutely no appeal for me whatsoever.

That said - as it just goes to show - that the saying “ what goes around comes around “ is true - if only I hadn't discarded all my clothes from way back then ….....as I'd probably be raking in the cash now that “vintage “ clothing has become so popular.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear and buy a lot of vintage clothes, mainly coats or jackets. I have a few dresses that are great, but you do have to check the quality and the sizing. Always take a tape measure with you (most places have them) and buy bigger rather than smaller. I don't buy jewelry, but I do like vintage bags because they do look good and hold their value.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not so much on the vintage clothing. I think you can get a bargain on some of it though like fringed leather jackets for one thing. I don't buy a lot of clothing these days as I have no money...but if I was it would probably not be vintage. The exception would be if I was going to a 60's or 70's themed party for instance, than I might well do that!

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, being born in the mid 80's I am not into vintage clothing, and I certainly won't buy one. I can imagine it being a waste of money and a waste of closet space both at the same time.