Do You Like Wearing Jogger Pants?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by zenfive • Apr 29, 2015.

1. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    Over the past year or so there has been a huge surge in popularity for the jogger pants, which are basically tailored sweatpants, and

Google recently released a fashion trends report which showed that the number of times people searched for them had skyrocketed. They now come in all types of different colours, styles and materials. I personally enjoy wearing them as they are super comfy and certain styles are good enough to wear in semi casual occasions.

Do you, or would you wear jogger pants?

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ahhh. Skinny joggers/sweatpants. I find that Americans tend to call them sweats, and that UK folks tend to call them joggers. Joggers are actually what I wear the most in the house. I have numerous pairs, none of them tailored. All of them are sports joggers. But I do wear them out of the house too, when it comes to quick trips to the shop or supermarket.

3. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Well, those pictured are all men's or so it appears. I do wear sweats at times around the house in winter, but really prefer yoga pants and capris for actual jogging. I also think they look better if I decide to run down to the store for something. I don't know. Sweatpants (or "joggers") tend to make me feel like I'm still in my pajamas when I wear them, and I suppose that's exactly why some people like to wear them whereas I don't.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only wear them around the house as they are comfortable. I have some capri ones that I will use for walking or running, but they are reserved for very casual company and situations. I used to wear them to work in an office as I was sitting down all day (Abercrombie ones) but after a while I realized it was too casual but comfy.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    I've actually always thought that joggers and or sweats were really popular. Women seem to enjoy men when they are wearing sweats, and a lot of men seem to enjoy a woman who is wearing sweatpants. I know that I enjoy a woman in a pair of baggy sweatpants. It's sexy. So I am shocked to see that they have skyrocketed in popularity. I don't know why they would, because the tailored sweats in those pictures, look more like tailored skinny slacks. Not sweats.

6. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    The thing is, joggers and sweatpants aren't exactly the same thing. Sure they can be made of the same material, but as you can see

, they are more tightly fitted to your leg, with elastic cuffs at the bottom and usually elastic waist. And they are now even produced in materials like jersey and other materials that make them look for formal, and pretty much look like normal pants, but a lot more comfortable. I've also seen a lot of women wearing them so I know they are quite popular in both camps.

7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    No. I don't have a pair of jogger pants, but I own a lot of leggings which I think is kind of the same with jogger pants. But yeah, here in my country, it's kind of a popular fashion trend for both men and women.

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I can't say that I particularly like them. I prefer wearing yoga pants, which are similar to jogger pants, but usually made from pure, organic cotton. I like them because I have all kinds of allergies to synthetic fibers and dyes. The yoga pants that I have been buying over the last few years are unbleached, naturally dyed and made from pesticide-free cotton. They are a little expensive, but an excellent investment.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    It's a little bit shocking to learn that joggers are a fashion trend in some other countries. I think I already stated above that I am from the UK, and here joggers and sweats alike have always just been a part of our culture. For as long as I can remember now - and I am twenty-four - people have been wearing them. People from the most affluent areas of our society wear them, and so do people from the poorest parts of our society.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only wore those when it was the day that we had to go to PE class, and it was indeed comfy as compared to the skirt that we wore on regular school days. I don't see it as a trend here which makes sense because I live in a tropical country, but it's has a nice athletic look to it.

11. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I don’t think I’ve ever worn a pair of jogger pants. Yoga pants, yes (which reminds me I need a new pair) but not joggers. And I keep thinking of Kanye’s leather jogging pants, heh. I would probably wear them (sporty ones, that is, not leather) around the house and maybe for workouts, but I don’t think I’d wear them out and about. Nothing against anyone who does, it’s just not my thing.

12. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They look all right and comfortable so even if I have not worn jogger pants - as opposed to jogging pants, which I've worn - I would be glad to wear them. I'm not so comfortable wearing jeggings so jogger pants sound like a much better bargain. I do like skinny jeans although I was initially opposed to wearing them at first. Nowadays, they don't seem to be as horrible as the time they were first released. Your pictures are mostly of men. I do think they have styles for women so if they suit me, I'll get a few pairs.

13. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, that looks nice. And comfy. I have some sports pants that loved to wear in the winter at home -- and when I went out running and I used to love also my yoga pants (lost them somehow). I like comfort/sporty pants. They are great for relaxing, but also great for just sprinting places and doing stuff without feeling constricted by structured clothes!

I'd wear those if I had 'em. Never saw them around, though.

14. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They are OK for around the house or quickly nipping out for milk but I'm not sure I'd feel happy wearing them all day - mainly because I'd be concerned about the knees going all baggy.

15. kaylahambrick

kaylahambrickMember

Threads:
    I love joggers! I work in retail so we have to wear what is in style to work; and joggers with a cute top and coordinating jewelry is one of my favorites. They are so flexible and comfortable! I never have a hard time finding anything to go with them. They are definitely something that should be a staple in every woman's wardrobe!

16. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I like to be comfortable in my wear. Therefore, I would wear something that fits good but not restricting. Most people probably bought these because they just look good.

17. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I have a pair of loose joggers that I wear at home at the end of the day to relax and watch TV, but I don't wear them out. I prefer leggings, jeggings and treggings to wear to places. Leggings are good with a tunic top, jeggings with a t shirt and treggings with a blouse shirt for a a smarter look. I have just realised that this is practically my wardrobe! As well as a few dresses and skirts.

18. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I own a pair of jogger pants and I would rate them as OK. They're fashionable in their own way and I love how they accentuate the shoes you're wearing. I wear my jogger pants with my Nike AirMax shoes and I'd get a lot of compliments from people saying they like my get-up. ;)

19. jusjalynn

jusjalynnMember

Threads:
    I like wearing joggers, especially the baggier kind. I honestly had no clue there was a difference between joggers and regular sweatpants. You can easily dress up joggers, or wear them casually. I like to wear them with a plain tee shirt and a simple chain necklace. In my opinion, joggers look best with sneakers though.