Do You Like Yogurt?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by hayrake • May 7, 2015.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I love yogurt in the summertime. I enjoy it enough to make my own most of the time. I just make it plain and then add fruit, jam or whatever when I eat it. I also like to use it as a base for making salad dressings or plain in place of sour cream for topping baked potatoes.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to eat a lot of yogurt when I was a child. I used to love it. Of course, the yogurts that I used to eat were all full of sugar and additives, but they tasted so good. Over the years, I seem to have developed an intolerance for dairy foods, and had to cut down on yogurts because of that.

These days it is rare that I ever eat yogurt, and when I do - even in the smallest of quantities - I am subjected to cutting abdominal pain, and diarrhea. So I stay away.

3. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    I like yogurt any time of the year. It started around 2 years ago when I was suffering from severe colds and I bought a small bottle of yogurt milk during break time. I was curious about its health benefits, and I found out that Lactobacillus can actually protect your immune system, of which 80% of it is found in the gut. Hence, I started drinking the yogurt milk drink and green tea as well.

For frozen yogurt, I only eat it when I can afford. Yogurt is a bit expensive here in the country where I live (at least, to a scrooge like me).

But then, I want to experiment in yogurt too, like making fruit trifle. I know it will taste great.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like yogurt. Who doesn't like yogurt, anyway? Although the sour taste can be off-putting to some people, I personally find it tolerable especially when something sweet is also added to the mix. Unfortunately for me, yogurts aren't as effective as chocolate when it comes to inducing peristalsis. I have a really picky digestive system so rather than eat yogurt for the purpose of helping my digestive tract, I eat as a sort of dessert.

5. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    lol...I don't know. I've never really thought about yogurt or chocolate inducing peristalsis. I just eat them both because I personally love them. I often do eat my yogurt as a dessert though. Or for breakfast. which makes sense as I've always been one to eat dessert-y things for breakfast quite a bit. Sometimes even a chocolate bar.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I enjoy yogurt, but I tend to go in cycles. I'll eat a lot of it for several weeks and then I won't touch it again for a while.

I do agree that it's great to use as a base for other recipes, though. It's much healthier than sour cream is.

7. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I love yogurt. I got really into European style yogurt for a while. It is so creamy. It has a runnier consistency, but is still really high in protein like the Greek yogurt. Unfortunately it's too expensive now for me to buy. I miss it a lot when I think about it.

8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy yogurt. I'm not a fan of the flavoured yogurts though because of the ridiculous amount of sugar in them. Seems a tad unnecessary. I'd like to find a brand in my normal grocers (& not Whole Paycheck Foods) that just uses fruits or honey or anything natural that doesn't have twenty two syllables.

9. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I'm actually not that big of a fan of yogurt.
    Of course that could be because I am allergic to it, but still
    Its mainly store bought yogurt that I am allergic to though, frozen yogurt doesn't do anything to me, weird

10. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    A big, fat YES! I love yogurt and can't go a day without it. Apart from its obvious benefits to the body, I enjoy the creamy sour taste, especially when partnered with fruits! I'm a huge dairy fan so I loved yogurt ever since I was a kid. Yogurt drinks are my favorite right now 'cause I can take them anywhere and drink whenever I want to.

11. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    Oh yeah I do love yogurt. It so refreshing and tasty. I usually add some fruit on top, or honey and walnuts to enrich the flavor. Not only it is yummy, but it is good for us as well.

12. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am lactose intolerant, so I don't touch any dairy yogurt. Yogurt made from sheep or goat milk tend to have less lactose, but I can't really tolerate them either. So, my alternative is soy milk and coconut yogurt. The former is almost a staple of mine, whereas coconut yogurt tend to be more expensive, and I only ever buy it every couple of weeks.

13. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think there are many days when I don't eat yoghurt. I love it sweetened with meringue and berries. Also I whisk it with jelly for a mousse type dessert. I enjoy flavoured ones as well and sometimes freeze them in lollipop trays. I use it as a thickener in sauces, curries etc - it really is a versatile item that I wouldn't be without.

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Blech, it makes me all phlegmy and icky just thinking about it lol. I used to adore it, but since cutting out dairy I noticed a huge difference in many aspects. I feel so much healthier and cleaner. Plus knowing where it comes from just makes me sad anyway, so I couldn't eat it even if I craved it for whatever reason.

15. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I like Stonyfield yogurt, as its supposed to have less sugar than most on the market. They carry an unusual selection like Maple, Cherry Vanilla and Coffee.

One type of yogurt that I miss is Snackwells. This line came in various chocolate flavors but it had a taste and texture like chocolate pudding...or maybe it was pudding since it was so sweet!

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They're ok, but I'm not a fan. I think they're a bit sour, and I prefer the creamy taste of ice cream over yogurt.

17. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I love yogurt! It's a very healthy food and it helps in your digestion keeping your body in good shape.

18. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't just like yogurt, I LOVE it! I eat most days, mainly for breakfast. All the better if it has cultures in it for a healthy gut :)

19. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    Plain yogurt is okay, not my favorite thing in the world. However, Yoplait has these really cool flavors like Key-lime Pie or Boston Creme, and they are delicious. They're also only around 100 calories, if I recall correctly.

20. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I love yogurt! In the morning having a half cup with fruit is enough to hold me over till lunch. I used to skip breakfast and pig out at lunch, but yogurt is low in fat and high in protein so it's good for those weight conscious people like myself, it's delicious and it's inexpensive. My kids also love it so I always keep it in the fridge as a snack for them between meals as well. It's a staple in our refrigerator.