Do you love watching sports?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Gelsemium • May 9, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If we love to watch sports, how about downgrading our level for cheaper prices? There are some really entertaining matches at high schools that are way cheaper than the college or pro ones. Sure, it's not the same thing, but better than nothing right?

2. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    I love sports. Not only do I enjoy playing them, I enjoy watching them as well. This is my favorite time of year, NBA Playoffs. I am a big basketball fan and the Playoffs are worth looking forward to. Every game is exciting to watch.

3. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I love sports but I am only interested in locals high school teams. I really enjoy college football and since I live near the dome, I always get to see the games. I also enjoy the NBA and college basketball. I do not think high school sports would spark my interest as much as pros and college.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was younger I used to watch a whole lotta sports. I watched professional and college football and basketball, baseball, and tennis. I also loved watching the Olympics. I no longer watch sports like I used to. Now, I just like to watch tennis. I don't even watch the Olympics anymore.

5. Gelsemium

Threads:
    It's great to follow the local teams, many of their games are free and we know everyone there. Sure, seeing a professional game is another level, but it's also an expense, so I can do that sometimes only. I think it's good we consider all options available though.

6. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I can't really say I'm a fan of sports but somehow I find myself glued to the television whenever I see a live match going on. Although I don't play much sports myself but there is something that makes me want to see a sports event to its end. Like soccer, I never liked soccer but each time I bumped into a live match I'll want to watch it.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in a place where you have no option but to watch your sports on TV. It's a small backwoods town so that at least, by proxy, enables me to avoid spending cash buying tickets to watch a match live. I really like soccer and look forward to the greatest tournament on the globe.

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yeah, Brazil is coming and I am hoping Portugal surprises everyone and makes a good tournament. I still recall Euro 2004 here in Portugal, I live near a stadium and it was impressive to see the people going. Never got to see a game, too expensive!

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I love watching sports, but time and the expenses don't allow me to watch them live . I only watch them on TV. I watch the live air though. Despite that, I am still thrilled and feel excited. The sport I like to watch most is Tennis.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't really seek out watching sports myself, but I do watch some games if some interesting enough ones pop up on TV while I channel surf. However, I have watched some local / amateur basketball games due to my friends and family being sports lovers, and I'd have to agree that they are still pretty interesting to watch especially if the players are pretty good. I may just be easily satisfied or amused because I'm not that big of a sports fan, but seeing as everyone else in the audience seems to enjoy themselves as well, I think it's safe to say that it's just not me. The main difference is really the venue, though, since large stadiums are obviously much more comfortable to be in.

11. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I love sports. There is not a sport out there that I usually don't have a great time with. But football and basketball are the only sports I enjoy sitting down and watching the entire games. Sports like golf, soccer, and baseball, the games are done in such a short pace that it is hard to keep my interest. Baseball is the worst offender of this to me as far as team sports. There is just way too much standing around.

12. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Watching sports? The only time that I'm watching sports is usually during the Olympics or when there is a great tennis match playing (tennis is my favourite sport as well as badminton). I'm not into watching Basketball, Hockey, Soccer or Baseball (wait, I actually I watch baseball sometimes just to keep my boyfriend happy xD)

13. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yeah, I also love watching the Olympics and tennis, but I love football (soccer) too. I've never seen the Olympics live though, but I've seen Portugal Open live, a friend got me some invitations and I managed to see the qualifying, not the main draw though, it was a good level even so.

14. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I love watching football (the real thing, not that American version that stole our name! hahaha) and the prices are so expensive these days that I find myself going along and watching non-league matches for about a quarter of the price (at the most) and i find some of the games just as entertaining. This Friday I shall be going along to cheer on our reserve side who are in a cup final and although we are a semi-pro side we have sold over 400 tickets already, most semi-pro sides struggle to get more than 20 people at a game.

Give it a try guys. :)

15. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yeah, reserve or juvenile games are great, sometimes even practicing sessions can be awesome. One sport that is particularly interesting to watch it 5-a-side, it's simply impressive the speed that they circulate the ball and the fact that it's indoor gives it an amazing acoustic. Most of the times is free too. :)

16. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I only like watching sports if Im betting on them. Other wise Im not too big of a sports fan. But when money is involved I become a huge sports fan.
    I've found some website online where I can catch every game and I usually find myself watching 2-3 a day.

17. Gelsemium

Threads:
    LOL, so you are working basically Jaydon, is that what you are saying? I would not mind working in that area, I have a friend that does live comments online for games so he has to attend to them (for free and being paid! - dream job... :D), so I guess he would be fully prepared to make some betting as well. It's not my case though, I don't like betting and I watch them just because I love to.

18. SpaceGuy

SpaceGuyNew Member

Threads:
    I love watching sports because I love playing sports, well that is why I think I do. Watching sports is the second best thing to playing them and I can do that in the comfort of my home, which makes it even better. Plus when you are watching sports with a team you support you can feel all the emotions you would if you were right there playing. This allows you to experience feelings of the players without actually being there with them.

19. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yeah, that's pretty much it SpaceGuy, the more we love to play, the more we love to watch. I love playing tennis and once in a while I have tournaments. In those tournaments, when I am not playing, I love to be watching the other guys playing, especially my opponents lol because I can study the way they play and I start thinking tactics on how to defeat them... :)