Do You Make a List When Shopping For Clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Oct 22, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This can be helpful especially when you buying clothes for your family:

2 shirts for hubby
    1 skirt for Sally
    nice shorts for Bobby, etc.

I've never thought of making such lists but upon realizing that they [lists] can be useful in reminding one NOT to buy what they don't need, in future I'll be shopping with a list when I want to buy some clothes.

Do any of you do the same [thing]?

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    If I am going shopping because I need a certain item(s) of clothing, then yes I will make a list. If I'm just going because I want to shop and have money to spend, then no. I usually have stuff in my mind about what I need or what I'm running low on, and will keep an eye out for them at the store if they are on sale or something.

I have to say though, one of the great things about having a list is that you know you won't buy too much stuff...well, most of the time anyway :p

3. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I've never made a list when shopping for clothes, but I do make mental notes. However, a list could be very helpful. Thank you for the tip! Next time I go shopping I'll do this so I can keep track of who needs what and what I want for myself versus trying to keep track of it within the horrid mess of my mind.

4. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say no to this topic. I actually don't ever make a list for shopping due to me living alone. I pretty much know what I'm gonna get well before I venture off to shop. I understand that when shopping for more than one person, you have to be a bit more careful. I would too make a listif that were the case. I have a 10 year old girl, but she always knows what she wants like myself.

5. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I do not use lists a lot. But this can be very helpful in the holiday season. Every year I feel like I forget somebody in my large family and I have to buy something at the last minute.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't go clothes shopping with a list. I'm usually going to buy something in particular when I go clothes shopping. I really don't need a list. But I only shop for myself. If I had to buy for a family, then I might consider a list. Otherwise, I know what I'm looking for.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I make a list for myself more than anyone else in my family! I like to make a list of all of the essentials I need for my wardrobe. Stuff like a classic white blouse, black slacks, t-shirts, blouses, jeans and I keep inventory. It is easier to see what needs to be replaced when it gets old and then I won't go on shopping sprees for things I do not need when I do this.

8. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I always make lists of shopping whenever I get some time. I think it would save time and effort while shopping if you are all ready for your shopping. I also believe that shopping only the required things help you to save some money which is possible only if you make s list of things you need. It is a thing that I learnt from my mom.

9. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I usually don't write a list when I'm going shopping for clothes but it's a great idea and I will do it in the future. Making a list is a good idea especially since I always forget the most important thing I wanted to buy when I get to the store. It will also help me not to over spend and get things that aren't really necessary. I usually always make a list during Christmas shopping, because you have to focus on specific people and what they want or what you think they might like, so a list definitely will come in handy for Christmas shopping.

10. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    A list dedicated for just clothes? Nope. I do include clothes in my shopping lists to avoid forgetting a certain smaller purchase, like a pair of socks, but that's it. When I'm shopping for clothes I dedicate the whole store trip for that task since if you want to shop properly you need to try on, visit different stores etc. And when you're set on just clothes you don't really need a list.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes for others except during Christmas, and for that I do usually make a list so I don't end up leaving anyone out. I usually try and stick to the list but that's only a rough estimate for me. Often I'll see something along the way that could be much more suited for the person I'm gifting the item so I just replace that. What's important is that I have a complete list of the people I want to buy for so I don't end up missing anyone.

12. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely make lists anyway, so it should not be surprising that I don't make a list when I go clothes shopping. I'll just head out with some kind of idea of what I need and see what develops.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually don't make a list except during important occasions such as Christmas, someone's birthday (where I need to purchase lots of ingredients for a dish I plan to make), reunions or wedding anniversaries. I especially keep a list when shopping over the holidays. I have so many people to give gifts to so I have to track down which gift goes to whom.

14. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I sometimes do this especially during Christmas. When there are no special events though, I do not make a list because I do not usually buy clothes for the rest of the family in bulk.

15. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Never for clothes, you either see and find what you need or don't. I'm a good shopper so can go in and see if the store has anything I like or need and will walk out if I don't see anything without browsing.

I do make lists. but that's only for food and what you are running out of. Clothes are not essentials and if they were like an outfit for an occasion, you would remember what you need. I don't buy for anyone else right now, but even if I was, I would only buy if it was good quality and the right price and not for the sake of it.

16. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Not really. I'll make a limit on how much I can spend but I don't list what I can or have to buy, because usually I'm pretty good about keeping my clothes good enough where I don't *have* to actually buy anything, ha.

17. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    No, but I'm usually only looking for one item at a time, and if I find it yay, if I don't I try again or go online. I only buy a clothing item when I absolutely have to have it or need to replace something that is worn out, so there is no need for a list.

18. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I make list when shopping for clothing because I know that I will spend my money on things I do not need. I try to get all the necessities at the beginning of the seasons. For winter I get long sleeve shirts and boots. After I have gotten everything I need, I spend the rest of the money on things I want.

19. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Not for clothes shopping, no.
    When I go shopping for clothes I usually go in and out of different stores until I find something that strikes my fancy, I don't think it would be that useful to follow a strict shopping list, even though I love using them when grocery shopping.

20. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I never make a shopping list when I go clothes shopping. I always know what I am going for but sometimes I just get what I think looks good and what I like. Normally the only time that I wrote down something before going shopping is if it am going Christmas shopping for my family. I write down their sizes because I can not remember all of them.