Do You Make Your Own Cleaning Products?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Feb 5, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From time to time, if you ask anyone how you should [not how they do] save some money, they'll probably tell you that, one way to fatten your wallet is by making own cleaning solutions. But whether or not these home-made cleaning solutions will get the cleaning job done is an entirely different matter.

But . . . the best way to find out if these home-made cleaning solutions work is by extracting the truth from those who've used them.

Question: do any of you make your own cleaning solutions? If you do, do they work well enough? And . . . do you save a lot of money substituting store bought cleaning products with home-made stuff?

2. jcort

jcortMember

Threads:
    I use white vinegar for a lot of cleaning stuff like my coffee maker, washer, and dishwasher. It's cheap and works great! I've heard of people using it on their floors, too, but I haven't tried that. I also use hydrogen peroxide for cleaning my mirrors. It works just as well as Windex and doesn't leave any streaks.

I do save money, when you figure that the cost of those products is much less than the cost of most cleaning products.