Do You Overspend On Toiletries?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Denis Hard • May 18, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't see why anyone should spend too much money on products that will make them feel clean and probably, look good too. cheap shampoo for example works just as well as the most expensive shampoo. Cheap soap will clean you up just fine. Skin softening soap? It's just a label.

Do you overspend on toiletries or buy whatever is cheapest?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with the above statements but I have found that certain shampoos do make a difference on my hair depending what I am going to do with it, as do conditioners. Therefore, I usually have one bottle each of a cheap, generic version and then an expensive version. If I need my hair to be extra soft and manageable, then I splurge on the expensive stuff. But for everyday use since I'm a ponytail/banana clip kinda girl, I just use the cheap stuff. I tried 'no poo' methods for awhile but wasn't liking it.

3. Saundra Jackson

Saundra JacksonMember

Threads:
    In my opinion, cheap shampoos, don't make your hair so soft and my hair is soo oily and nasty after washing with something cheap from supermarket. I like expensive shampoo better.
    Also , some random soap can try your skin.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What I love is getting a bargain for the same product like Dove soap 6 pk. is 6.88 at Walmart at Ft. St. Mall and 9.99-10.99 at Walgreents & CVS is 8.99-9.99. I keep my newspaper coupon for $1. clipped and ready to use and go to Ft. St. Mall Walmart and get my Dove soap with my coupon! I love Fructis shampoo and Pantene on sale only. I love Herbal Essence and when it first came out it was very economical, but not so today. I look for coupons and store sales. Every wk. Walgreens, CVS and Safeway wkly. ads that you can find online. Jest newtust get your free cards and free online acct., then get your email enewsletter sign up and get all the latest specials right there in your email! Our Sunday newspapers has the Sunday ads which includes Target and Walmart at times. We also have Midweek Newsaper that has Wed. supermarket ads from our local supermarkets like Tamaru's, Times, KTA etc...happy savings! By the way I buy .99 VO5 and Suave shampoos too. I like baby shampoos for the summer time when I wash hair every other day or every day.

5. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I definitely agree. We only buy toilet paper when there are guests. Toilet paper is probably the most abused in all of the bathroom products section. So many trees had to be cut down for our hygiene alone. We've always used the same brand of soap and shampoo for a good number of years now. Our toothbrushes are changed every three to four months.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Thankfully the cheaper products we have here are good enough so I don't feel the need to pay extra for the more expensive types and I don't think they are that popular and sought after here anyway so I don't see many of them. Most of the time competing brands for toiletries here work around the same average price so regardless of what brand we buy we can usually get them for around the same price. There are a few exceptions but I think those are more just because they are foreign brands and you probably need to pay more for the shipping costs and such, but aside from the brand name I don't see much reason to pay more for those.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Toiletries are the items that I tend to scrimp on, because I think that they do the same job as the expensive ones. I make it a point to buy the cheapest soap and shampoo in the stores.

8. HealthAndVitality

HealthAndVitalityMember

Threads:
    That is totally unnecessary, unless of course my favorite deodorant smells like cow dung, then and only then will I think of spending £3.00 for it, and that is the maximum. I know, especially we ladies, we like going over board, but is it really necessary? I like to spend within my means.