Do you own a pet?

Discussion in Pets started by ozadin • Jun 11, 2013.

1. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Pretty obvious question, but I'm interested on which animal you own!

I own a yorkie, and I actually got this puppy about one or two months ago! He was given from my brothers friend because they already had a dog and couldn't take care of two, so they decided to give him to us! He barks all the time when someone leaves my house, or when we wake him up! Sometimes, he will just bark when he's having fun. I really like him, he's great company, and really cute as well!

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We have a basset hound, a guinea pig and a fish. This is a lot fewer than we had just a few years ago. We used to have three fish, a tarantula, a blind finch, two guinea pigs and a boxer. Someday I am going to own just one pet...sheez!

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have a four year old staff/greyhound cross who I got from my brother, she is the runt of the litter and I love her to bits as she is nuts like me. :)

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a tabby cat, a red betta fish, and a small, yappy dog that I inherited from a relative that went senile and couldn't take care of him. The small dog is a white rat terrier with a black head.
    The one that is the most fun to shop for is actually the fish because they have so many cute aquarium decorations these days.

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I used to very recently, a black cat named Jet, but because i moved to a small apartment, i had to give him away to my parents. At least i got to see him from time to time, so it's okay.

6. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I have a crazy but adorable dog. He has cost us a ton of money in damages but the love he gives us makes up for it all in the end. Wouldn't have it any other way.

7. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    1) In total, I have 59 pets. All named, loved and well cared for!
    2 dogs, 3 hedgehogs, a gerbil, 6 snails, a fish, a frog, 6 lizards ad 39 snakes

2) In the order of above; Ripley, Rory, Lemons, Ziggy, Button, Chewy, Zippy, Rocket, The Flash, Dynamo, Stark, Sheldon, Lord Elrond, Dr. Jekyll, Max, Gravy, Seth, Alice, Taz, Duchamp, Moth, Goonie, Mew, Salem, Felix, Sparrow, Gilbert, Sharky, Moose, Ofelia, Donnie, Bruno, Dela, Sonny, Terrible Tex, Rumpelsnakeskin, Snakespeare, Harrison, Firefly, Drongo, Snausage, Jellybean, Red, Arkham, JT, Frootsalad, Humbug von Badgersnake, Captain Morgan, Calico Jack, Muldoon, Fass, Maya, Isla, Jasper, Rohan, Lothlorien and Bacon-Rex

3) All kinds of ages! The youngest is Rory the puppy; he's almost 16 weeks. Oldest is Ofelia the kingsnake who will be 21 this year.

4) I talk to them all the time. My dogs never leave my side and I'm always chatting to them. I have conversations with the snakes too... oh dear

5) Brown, black, gold, blue, red, green, silver & orange. Lots of variety!

6) Not really tricks, but my big monitor Max knows how to open his enclosure door. The dogs of course know basic commands.

7) Endlessly.

8) As far as their species go, they are as active as they should be! My dogs are terriers so are always on the go, but love a good cuddle too.

9) My pets are my world. I wouldn't even consider selling or giving them away unless absolutely necessary. Even then I'd try to find an alternate solution.

10) I'm always tripping over the terriers. Oh the perks of small sized velcro dogs!

11) Honestly, I couldn't be happy without a pet in my life.

12) More than anything :)

#7Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  8. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I have two dogs a boxer mix who is a bit needy, she many times follows me from room to room and has a hissy fit if we'e not joined at the hip in any given moment lol. We got her about 5 years ago from the human society and we also have a Shiba Inu which looks a bit like a miniature husky. He wandered into the yard about 3 years ago as a 6 week old pup with two grown dogs who weirdly enough left him. He was whining really loud as if to say "where'd they go!?" It was the funniest thing. He was a tiny ball of fluff and it was so cool wake up and literally see him get bigger day by day!

9. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was talking to my girlfriend about potentially buying a cat a few days ago. My girlfriend loves cats and she really wants one but I'm not so keen myself. I don't want my nice clothes to smell of cats and I don't really want the extra cost of cat food etc. Is the smell bad and how much does it cost to keep a cat?

10. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I have always had pet all through my life. Currently I have a dog. I have had to give away three of her pups because I fell ill and we had a hard time taking care of them. Anyway they have found good homes and are really loved. I don't think I will have more pets until my kids are willing to take care of them.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have 3 dogs and a kitten and I love them all. Two of the dogs are outside dogs they come in during the day but sleep outside at night to keep an eye on the house. They are both full blooded red nose pitbulls. Than I have a smaller dog not sure what type of dog she is but she's a small shaggy type of dog she is very sweet she belongs to my three old they are like bestfriends they do everything together including sleep together. Than my kitten is a fun hyper playful cat she's always running around she likes to hide than jump out at use and scare us lol it's pretty cute and funny.

12. stevensmith

stevensmithBanned

Threads:
    yes I've to dogs and a cat at home ... they are part of our family for 5 years and i love to play, walk and enjoy with them a lot..

13. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I currently own one native dog that's large and furry. But he's already old. Maybe about 15 years old. We also had lots of cats before but we no longer have any cats now. I also had a pet bird once. At daytime, I would let it out inside the house and at night time, I would put it into a cardboard box. It was eaten by a rat one day when I was sleeping. I cried. I was in grade school back then.

14. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have a full blooded red nose pitbull he's only 7 months old but he's a pretty big 7 month old puppy lol. He's a big sweet heart loves to cuddle and give kisses. He barks with any little noise he lets us know when someone is near the home great guard dog. I also have my daughter's dog i'm not sure what type of dog she is but her name is coco and my sister gave her to my daughter shes my little girls best friend they sleep together nap together eat together everything. And any time someone new is around my daughter coco stands in front of her and growls it is so cute how protective she is of my daughter shes a small dog but she thinks shes a big dog lol

15. Tribie

TribieMember

Threads:
    I have a noisy dachshund right now but despite the fact that he's noisy, we all love him very much. I treat him like my youngest son and talk to him like a person. I am thinking of adopting a female so he'll have a companion. Maybe I'll do this next year when we move. In the past I had fish, cats, birds, chicken, ducks and rabbits.

16. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    We did have a beautiful grey striped rescue cat, but we just recently moved and can't have pets in our apartment. She's with family and has another cat to cause chaos with, but I still miss her :(.

17. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I own a chocolate Lab, a Pug and a Cat, I love them all to bits. I am just a pet lover.

18. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a "god knows what" and three box kitties lol. I kept seeing our dog's picture, over and over and nobody was taking her. She was 4.. too old to be a good birthday present or get a lot of attention from your dog park buddies. She's the best behaved dog I've ever had. No health issues, no disobedience, calm.. the only problem was she was abused and she never learned how to be a dog. To this day, she doesn't know how to play.. or chooses not to. I've tried. I still try. but she's happy, that's all that matters. The three cats were all found outside. I said three box kitties, but it's actually two. They were left on the side of a highway, in a box, to die. One had found her way out (thankfully, or we never would have known there were kittens inside).. so close they came to being killed. The other one was the offspring of a stray and was very sick. Her family left her outside of my mothers house, screaming for her mother :( I took her in, prepared to give her to the humane society.. but I fell in love as I waited lol.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yup we do own 2 pets right now, 1 dog, he's a Jack Russell Terrier and 1 cat, he's a Persian-Siamese mix. I wish I have another cat, but the feral ones that I see are afraid of people, so I can't adopt them.

20. SierraW23

SierraW23New Member

Threads:
    I have a poodle named Daphne, a Chihuahua named Daisy, a cat named Dakota, and a yellow parakeet named Tweety. I have had Daisy the longest and I just got Daphne around 3 weeks ago. My animals are so cute and they all are pretty friendly with the exception of Tweety, who is rather scary. He is scared of everything. Dakota sleeps all day and he talks back as well when he has an attitude. Daisy is very sweet. She isn't a huge barker like a lot of Chihuahuas. All she likes to do is get rubbed and go outside. Daphne, the newest member of our family, is very frisky. She barks at the people that live with her at times and she waits until the night time to cause mischief by raiding the garbage and eating up shoes. lol