Do You Pay to Get a Yearly Doctor Exam?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by nwitt • Apr 16, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I am curious how many people (as adults) see a doctor on a yearly basis. Whether you have insurance and only pay a co-pay or are without insurance, do you really go every single year? I find myself skipping, and not even on purpose. It's just I get busy with "life" and don't currently have any serious health issues.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually, I go to the doctor as little as possible because I don't believe in their medicine. I do check an homeopath every two months so if you consider this a doctor (which in fact it is) I go very often. But I don't buy those chemical drugs unless in last resort, I believe they harm more than they cure.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I do, but it's only because it's required for me to get a yearly exam in order to get my birth control prescription. It's the only time I go to the doctor and I don't go when I'm sick or anything. I just go because I choose to use BC.

4. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I know how important annual medical check ups are. Like mammograms, pap smears and etc. It is preventive and practical. I always tell myself to do it annually but I always tend to forget.
    I can only remember to visit the doctor if I'm sick and in need of a check up. I'm trying to erase this kind of mentality because these regular check ups are really necessary.

5. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I personally find it important to go at least once a year for a FULL exam/physical. Even if you don't have insurance, you should still plan to go -- generally around the same time each year. If you don't have insurance, open a savings account strictly for medical purposes and deposit something in it each week! This also goes for dental visits. You want to make sure your teeth are healthy and don't need additional medical treatment.

6. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    No. I do not pay to get a yearly Doctor Exam.

Because i have health insurance through my employer, and i am truly grateful for that. Today's economy is horrible. People are barely able to pay their bills, so i know a lot of people skip those expensive Doctor visits.

That is not safe at all. It is a shame that people have to do that. This country should be ashamed of it;s self that cannot provide affordable healthcare for everyone. It should not be that way.

7. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't think about this. I guess I'm in the same boat, too. But, they never really check anything else related to my health. So I don't really consider that a wellness checkup.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Eh, I still count is simply because they DO check my weight, blood pressure, respiratory health, etc. And they do ask general questions, so if I was having any issues, I could ask at the same time. If I weren't on birth control, I know I wouldn't be going yearly for any other reason either.

9. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    Like just a general checkup and not a pap smear or anything? Absolutely not. I try to avoid the doctor's as much as possible. I think a lot of that is just a huge scam. They always find SOMETHING wrong with you. If I feel bad and self-treatment doesn't help, I might go, but other than that, no way. A waste of time and money.