Do you plan on taking a vacation this year?

Discussion in Travel started by True2marie • Jun 15, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I am already set to take a stay-cation. Why? I just started a new 9 to 5 and it'll be a few months before I can take a real break.

If I could take a break, I would visit Canada. So many of my friends go up there for the weekend and rave about the shopping and the food.

canada.

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    My family and I don't have a definite plan for a vacation this year yet. Even though we would love to be able to go somewhere by the end of this year, I do not think we would have enough funds yet.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not really. That is really sad, but I decided to only take a vacation next year. This year I won't have money to get a proper vacation, so I'm trying to see if I can save up some money to go do so next year. I don't want to have a vacation and go just anywhere. I want to travel somewhere i've been wanting to go to for a while like Italy! I'm hoping to do it next month!

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am on my dream vacation right now. Well, I dreamt about it for over three years and worked hard to make it possible. I didn't just want a few weeks but 3 months of travelling around Europe, and I am here now. It has been a bit challenging in the beginning, but now I am in the swing of things and not so anxious any more about making wrong decisions, being scammed or losing money in some other way.

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't. This year I have been on too many vacations that I feel I have wasted a lot of time. Also, there are a lot of things that I would be needing to do and to complete. I have been very lax for not thinking about them so I wasn't able to accomplish any of them. I really feel bad for that and so I think I don't deserve any vacation for the next year. I don't think though that it's punishing myself, because in the first place I don't really like vacations. This year, I have just been pushed to do so, but if it were just me, my own decision, I wouldn't have engaged myself to such. Also, I am saving my money and working out to get myself into shape. Probably when I have saved enough that spending some of it wouldn't hurt my whole savings and when I have gotten into shape, into a sexy body, I will be back on my vacation. In that time, I would feel less anxious and more confident.

6. elizahoa

elizahoaNew Member

Threads:
    actually I am planning to travel across my own country, Vietnam. It is so exciting for me, because this time I will take my little boy with me. that would be fascinating for him and I am really crazily waiting for such journey.

7. plantain

plantainMember

Threads:
    Yes, I hope I can take another vacation this year. In January I traveled to Portland, Oregon for a week to visit some friends and check out the city. I loved it. I would like to go again in September or October. A more ambitious idea I had was to take a road trip from here in southern California to Seattle, and staying in Portland for a while on the drive back. I've been to Seattle once before in high school and I loved it also. I'm really just excited about the idea of going on a road trip and seeing the sights along the way. But I don't know if I can afford that and if my little old car would make it. :p

8. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    In this year i have plan for the great vacation toward the US because last year i missed this tour my family member's would also be along with me in this tour and i recommend to you that you are also visit the US..

9. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    My family and I are going on vacation in 5 days!!! Super excited. It's nothing too fancy but we're going to a concert out of state and staying two nights. It will be my daughter's first trip so I'm pretty excited about that. It'll be nice to just get away and relax for a few days as well.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me it's a tradition. Every year I must take a vacation in December. It lasts a few weeks but it's worth it since I never get to see anybody else for the rest of the year. It's the time I normally visit friends and family — nothing fancy, like traveling abroad. And the great thing about visiting friends and family is that you get free accommodation. Nothing can beat that when it comes to saving money when traveling.

11. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't taken a long vacation last year so I'm hoping to go on one before this year ends. I have two countries in mind and these are Indonesia and Mongolia. To be honest, I wanted to go to some other places but these countries I just mentioned won't require a big budget. Visiting them is a lot cheaper. I've already saved enough for vacation money, I'm just deciding on which date to finally fly there.

12. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    Yes. I'm planning on taking my daughter on vacations and at that time i have plan for the next month will be go for the US tour during the vacation..

13. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I'm really hoping I can get away on New Year's Eve...
    I'd like to go to New York :)

I've been to a bunch of places in Europe, but I have yet to switch Continents.
    I also love Canada. It's one of the coolest countries out there. I'd love to see Toronto!

14. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Canada is really a very beautiful place. I was there last year with my friend. We saw its many places like Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver Island, Ottawa, Calgary, Quebec, Niagra falls and others. Right now we are planning to washington d.c.tours. The Washington Dc is one of my favorite places. I had never got a chance to visit it. Now I am very excited about its attraction. I heard that they are amazing and fabulous.

15. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I am not taking a vacation, stay-cation, or any other thing. I am too poor now to be able to afford to take even one day off work and make it. I do not expect to go on a real vacation in the next 20 years to be honest. There is just no way for me to be able to earn enough money to get by and save up for the lost wages of taking days off, plus the transportation to the destination, the lodging, the food, all that. It's just completely out of reach. I'd rather keep dancing while I can still afford to do that.

16. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    We are going on a vacation at the end of this year. We have been planning a cruise with my family and my parents so were really looking forward to all being together. This is the first vacation with us all so it should be interesting. :) The good thing about a cruise is it has a little for everyone! Nice that were not going to be stuck all doing the same thing too. Looking forward to getting a away and relaxing !!!

Danyel :)