Do you play games on your iPhone/Android?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by deathbyprayer • Aug 12, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Mobile gaming today has been booming since the success of Angry Birds and PVZ. Have you ever gamed on your mobile device? My brother kept on telling me that phones aren't made for games and that it will shorten the life of the battery and the phone itself. Is that true?

2. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I must say that it is not worth gaming on the mobile phones. If you really want to experience gaming, then consider using a computer which is much better. Myself am a gamer and I rarely play games on my mobile phone. I only game on my phone when am bored or just passing time. When it comes to real gaming, then computers will give you the ultimate experience.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mobile games have evolved into more than just mini games. There are now a lot of full games across different genres like RPGs, sports games, racing, FPS, third person shooters, and many others. Check out these games for mobile and tell me if they're not worthy of your time:
    -Shadowgun Deadzone
    -Final Fantasy
    -Modern Combat
    -Real Boxing
    -Real Racing 3
    -Soul Calibur
    -Street Fighter IV
    -Zenonia

And many many more. Mobile games are not just about Candy Crush Saga and Angry Birds. Lol.

4. vxacid

vxacidNew Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy playing mindless reactionary games such as "The Impossible Game" or "Jetpack Joyride". I feel like full blown 3D role playing games are just not meant for touchscreens. The reason why games like Flappy Bird are extremely successful is because they're simple; there's no learning curve involved and a high skill ceiling. I think that mobile gaming should stay with portable consoles such as the 3DS And PS Vita; they provide the power and tactile feedback that iOS and Android games can't.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't know if it would shorten the life of phones and their batteries, or at least probably not significantly because I think manufacturers and designers have already kept this in mind when making the phones so I'm guessing they are built to be played games on for long periods of time, especially the more expensive ones. I myself don't like mobile games all that much but they are good enough to kill a few minutes while idly waiting sometimes.

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mostly only play games on my Iphone for rewards. They're too simplistic to be that entertaining and the few that I really loved to play are no longer in the app store. However I might play them if I'm dining out and I have nothing else to play.

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's probably hard to believe, but I have never played a computer game. It simply doesn't interest me. My boyfriend tried to get me into it a few times, but I just fell asleep. To be honest, I can't really understand the general fascination with games, especially on small devices such as smartphones or tablets.

8. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    As in never? Wow that's oddly unique!

As for me, I don't like playing games on my phone. Yeah I enjoy a bit of Candy Crush from time to time, but other genres I think are much better played on consoles or PC. I just don't get the same experience on my smartphone. The only thing I like is, of course, you can play games on your phone no matter where you are.

9. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do but not that much. My phone's battery is easily depleted when I play games on it especially when I browse the internet. But I do play games on mine, simple games only Flappy Bird, PVZ, those kinds of games.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was younger, like in my early 20's, I was so into any kind of gaming on any platform, mobile games included. It does shorten the battery life, obviously, but nowadays I lost interest in mobile gaming, so that's something that I don't have to worry about. I now only care about pc gaming.

11. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Rarely. And one of those moments is when I'm traveling and have no books to read. Don't get me wrong, I like games and there are really good ones on mobile but they tend to be a grind. Most are 'free' in name only. If you want to really have fun and actually progress you have to pay money for the privilege - the 'freemium' method. So I rather use my mobile phone for reading, articles or books, the games I play on my PC.

12. tzbt827

tzbt827Member

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of gaming on smartphones but one game I do play is Candy Crush Saga. I've been playing it for around a year or so but I'm starting to lose my addiction to it as of lately, most likely because I have started gaming on my PC.

13. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. I am hooked on Plants vs. Zombies 2. This game is so much fun. I usually play while riding into work on the bus. It's a wonderful distraction.

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a gamer, I do not play games on my computer or on my phone. I would not play a game on my phone because of the charge on the battery is gone and you can not recharge it, now you can not use the phone to make a call. I do feel that developers took into consideration the people that play games on the phones and would make them to strong enough to withstand the gamers use.

15. Canadianlover

CanadianloverMember

Threads:
    I don't really play too many games on my android except Texas holden. I have pokerstars mobile installed on my s5 as well as a free Holden app. I am trying to get better at that game...

16. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I grew up playing video games on console and PC so, I haven't really considered playing them. The games I have seen don't look very appealing either. And I don't like using touch screens for buttons. Games on handheld devices, like 3DS and stuff aren't on Android of course and those are the type of games that I like playing more. I'm sure there are mobile games with more depth, but I haven't looked enough.

17. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I do play a few games on my phone, but the amount of time I spend on it and my enjoyment depends entirely on the type of game. They have to be simple games with only a few button functions for it to be enjoyable. Games like GTA or any first-person-shooter don't belong in a smartphone because touch-screen is not a good replacement for physical controllers. When you try to play games that have too much going on you end up covering more than half of your phone's screen and the touch-screen controls aren't very responsive for the most part.

Mobile games are great if you just want to kill some time before sleep or while you wait for a doctor's appointment, but it will never replace console or pc gaming.

18. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I have a few games installed on my Android phones. These were downloaded and installed by my sons who play the games. I don't play games on my phone. It hurts my eyes to play on a 5 inch screen. I would rather play games on my computer. I also notice that playing games on the phone causes it to overheat and shortens its battery life. That's why I only allow my phone to be used for games when I am at home so it can be charged as needed

19. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do. It's pretty much my time killer when on long commutes and when I like to be distracted for a moment. I don't play a lot of games on my phone though I only install those simple games that you can just play and forget. I don't play real games on it because I find it hard to play and not enjoyable at all

20. Forall

ForallMember

Threads:
    Yeah, I loved this game too.

But battery life is a big impediment to playing games on mobile phones.