Do you play handheld games at work or at school?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Apr 5, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always play with games and browse the Internet while I'm at work. Me and my coworkers do it all the time. As long as the boss is not around, we would bring out our smartphones and play Android games or check our Facebook accounts. Do you do this too?

2. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I only browse the internet during breaktime and I never check my facebook status at work. Our network in the office is closely monitored so I can't do that on my desktop. I can't use handhelp devices either because all rooms have a security camera that records what everyone is doing. Our boss has been known to have those pulled up when she is upset about productivity.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I do it a lot when the PC is doing something or when i am waiting for something, like the time for dinner or something. Easy to pick up and easy to let go games are always good for short bursts of fun, which handheld games achieve pretty well.

4. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't. That's mainly because I don't have any handheld games. Yes, I do have some games on my handphone but I hardly know what they are because I have not looked at them. I only play games on my pc. With a big screen. That's a lot more satisfying than squinting at a 3-inch screen.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I always played my PSP in school during breaks. I never got to do it at work though. Now that I mostly work from home I can entertain myself with other things so I rarely play with my handheld anymore, I just bring it with me on long trips so I have something to do in the car.

6. lindbergh

Threads:
    Our office is filled with security cameras too. There are actually 6 CCTVs installed in our office - all looking towards the employees. I guess our boss is a control freak. But what mystifies me the most is that I haven't been called and reprimanded because of slacking off from my job. :D

7. unreal83

unreal83New Member

Threads:
    I play handheld games mainly at home. This sounds weird as portable handhelds are meant for the outside world but I enjoy the luxury and comfort of playing games in my bed!

Most of today's handheld games are really high quality and you don't need a full fledged console to enjoy gaming :)

8. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    I used to play with my PSP a couple of years ago at college and thanks to it I made friendships that last until today.

At work, even though the company is awesome and very relaxed on their policy regarding work distractions, I don't usually play anything. I browse a lot but playing just doesn't seem right, they're already very loose on control so it boils down to personal responsibility.

I do play a lot on my handhelds when I'm out of the house be it on holidays or long road trips.

9. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    On my Windows phone I have a game of solitaire which I play EVERY day while I'm in bed, waiting for a bus, on a bus, on a train, even in the doctor's, I even played it yesterday while waiting for a takeaway meal to be prepared. :)

10. mbarrett

mbarrettNew Member

Threads:
    I used to play a lot of handheld games when I was younger, whether it be at home or at school. I played on the Nintendo DS and PSP. I sort of grew out of that and sold both of the devices. I will sometimes have the occasional game or two on my phone, but that's about it. I prefer to play games on a TV or computer monitor instead of a small screen. By the way, you should be careful about slacking off at work, haha.

11. lindbergh

Threads:
    Talk about addiction. Better go on rehab. Just kidding. Solitaire could really be addicting. You've just taken mobile gaming to the nest level.

@mbarrett, don't worry, I'm already an expert at slacking off at work. I have the ability to make it look as though I'm doing something but in reality I'm doing nothing. Lol.

12. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do. I can somewhat justify it as keeping in touch with what the students play for things to discuss in English with them. I'm an English teacher and it actually gets them talking a lot more than most things. If I mention Minecraft or Bounce Ball or whatever other application is popular with them at the moment, they try really hard to communicate.

In reality, I just like playing games and I have a lot of free time during the work day due to preparing most things ahead of time and I have very little supervision, with my immediate supervisor being quite intent on doing as little work as possible because she's a temporary worker who doesn't seem to plan on being renewed.

I sometimes browse the temporarily free apps while at work too, looking for anything of interest. I picked up Minigore 2 that way and I've been having a lot of fun with that.

13. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    Absolutely!! I am a game freak and love to play games especially on my Android phone and on my PC. Facebook offer great games to play as well, especially Criminal Case (This is my favorite) :D. I play games during lunch and break hours. I even use the office internet to surf through the list of games that are released, however you should even check out some games that are launched for Play station and Xbox 360. Heart throbbing games!!