Do you pluck your own eyebrows?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by True2marie • Dec 20, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Getting a pro to pluck one's eyebrows has never been so popular. Yet, to me, this is a waste of money. Why pay someone to do an act that you can easily perform at home for free. The trick is to understand how to pluck your eyebrows yourself.

[video=youtube_share;iz151VUZx_c]http://youtu.be/iz151VUZx_c[/video]

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tried to pluck my eyebrows, but it's too painful, so I switched to shaving instead. I paid my hairdresser once when he offered to shave my eyebrows, but that was the only time that I paid someone to shave my eyebrows. I'm content to do it myself.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to pay for a professional to do my eyebrows, but after a lot of money spent and my eyebrows never being the way I wanted them, I gave up and learned to pluck them at home by myself. It`s surprisingly easy once you get some experience, and the best part is you get them at the exact shape and thickness you want!

4. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I pluck my own eyebrows. I don't see the point in paying someone to do it for me. My eyebrows are low maintenance anyway, so I only need to pluck the stray hairs here and there. For the people who are saying plucking your eyebrows hurts, try numbing the areas with an ice cube first. Eventually you won't need to do that anymore because your skin will get used to you plucking.

5. smlewis00

smlewis00Member

Threads:
    I do pluck my own eyebrows. Not only do I save money by doing it myself, but I also can get the exact shape that I want. It was painful at first, but I am used to it now. If you keep up with your brows, then you will not have a massive, painful, session of plucking your brows! I keep a check on my brows daily. If I see a hair coming in, I snatch it with the tweezers right away! If you maintain them, you will definitely avoid major pain.

6. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    After one experience trying to pluck my eyebrows I just didn't try to do it anymore. It was so painful til I couldn't stand it , I also tried waxing them that was another bad hurtful experience so now all I do is arch them with a eyebrow arching razor.

7. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I don't and have never had my eyebrows plucked. I just don't see the purpose of it. I don't have bushy eyebrows or anything but even if I did, I'd just leave them like that.

8. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I pluck my own eyebrows at home when they grow too much and I also trim them to shape them. I usually go to a professional once a year and have them shape it the way I want to and then after that I just do it on my own from then on, it's cheaper and you can go at your own pace. A tip to reduce the pain is to pluck them when you've just come out of the shower, it doesn't hurt as much.

9. crystaleve

crystaleveNew Member

Threads:
    I go and pay for a professional to do it, and then afterwards I tell myself "Why did I just pay 10 dollars to someone to do something I can do?" so I go out and buy some tweezers and then realize it hurts too much and I can never get them to look even. So the tweezers collect dust and I am out paying someone again. I really do want to master the art though! I think I am going to attempt tonight. Having nicely shaped and trimmed eyebrows makes me look so much better.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't pluck my own eyebrows. I'm a coward. I rather pay someone to do my eyebrows. I don't get them pluck. I get them threaded. It's still a little painful, but I just can't do that to myself even though I would save money.