Do You Prefer Body Weight Exercises Over Heavy Weight Lifting?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by eagletal88 • Feb 6, 2015.

1. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    When I was younger I would only lift to get "big", but as I went through my 20's, my prioritizes started changing. I noticed performing a lot of the power lifting was causing havoc on my body, sore shoulder, sore knees, and sore back. These weren't the good types of soreness either. I was always precise with my technique, so I know it wasn't that.

So skip ahead a few years, and I started doing P90X and surprisingly enough, my aches and pains were going away, and I actually started to feel younger! So since, I have stopped power lifting, and am purely doing body weight exercises now, and am loving how I feel. It feels like I am just more "fit".

Does anyone else have similar experiences?

I put this here because you can save a lot of money by working out at home, (and not buying all the weights) plus, you just may feel better!

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, we like P90X too. My husband used to lift weights and then switched to more body weight exercises. The Tony Horton workouts are great for men (as well as women) because they have alot of diverse workouts that don't look like a dance routine. You really walk away soaked from sweat too! It works!

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Body weight exercises can be done for free - you can do it anywhere without any equipment, with your own body acting as resistance. It just goes to show that if you are dedicated enough there is no excuse why you can't train your body. I incorporate body weight exercises into my workout routine all the time!

4. PrettyBrainQueen

PrettyBrainQueenBanned

Threads:
    My husband made the switch to body weight workouts because he says he feels more agile. As eagletal88 stated just more ''fit''. When he was working out with weights he says he felt out of tune with this body. So he does lots of resistance workouts and cardio. He's nicely ripped too:)