Do You Prefer Fruit Or Vegetables?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by cocolgooh • Jan 17, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I was talking to some friends about what fruit and vegetables they like the other day and I noticed that most of them seemed to either like fruits more on the whole or like vegetables more on the whole. Personally I prefer vegetables, and consequently tend to eat more vegetables than fruit. There are some fruits I like as well, but if I fancy fruit or vegetables, I'll often cut up some cucumber or bell peppers instead of an Apple for example.

Do you find the same? Or do you tend to eat them equally?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I eat banana quite often because my dad buys them almost everyday, but I also love vegetables, I just don't get to eat them that often. When I eat meat several times a week, I start to get sick of it and I start craving for vegetables.

3. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    I most definitely no doubt eat fruits more than vegetables. I just LOVE sweet things! But vegetables can be great too. It's just if someone laid a fruit and a vegetable in front of me, I would for sure go for the fruit. I love how fruits give me that sweet taste I love so much, while still being healthy for me. I also want to try that fruit infuser sometime soon too, so I can make some sweet healthy water in a bottle.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the need. For us, we have more vegetables than fruits in the daily menu. But when talking of dessert or snacks, we prefer fruits. Another plus factor for fruit is when I am on a diet, watermelon and papaya are my companions in the lunch table although I sometimes buy vegetable salad. Especially during summer, fruits are abundant in the market so we usually buy.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I favor vegetables more too. I'll buy fruit juices without sugar added to get the benefits of fruits more except for apples. Our home loves apples the crispier the better! Orange juice and grape juice is good to keep your heart in good condition as well as your brain matter chipper!
    *grape juice information good for brain matter :

*orange juice good for heart :

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Eating fruits often makes my tongue sore and because of that I only eat fruits occasionally. Though I don't like vegetables more my condition [if I could call it that] compels me to eat more vegetables. The upside of it all is vegetables are cheaper. So for me it's not a preference. I've got no choice.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Omg, I couldn't imagine choosing! lol. I eat so much of both, I'm amazed I haven't turned into a plant myself.. my whole diet relies on them lol. We absolutely, positively need both.. both are life. PLANTS are life.

8. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Fruits definitely. I'm not really a fan of veggies because they taste very bland, and leafy. Fruits on the other hand taste very sweet and I can eat them anywhere I want. An example for this is that fruits make great after workout snack so I utilize them after every workout.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hear that a lot.. that veggies are bland. I said the same thing my whole life. It's amazing to me how screwed our taste buds are when we believe things like that though, because veggies are so very NOT bland lol. When your diet is full of high sugar, high fat, high salt foods, everything will be bland in comparison, of course. If you were to switch, your taste buds would go back to normal though.. your body would much prefer what it was meant to eat.

10. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I like both but tend to eat more vegetables because most of our meals consist of it. Fruits, on the other hand, are also nice snacks but I tend to forget buying them sometimes. We cannot forego the health benefits of both though! Some say that vegetables are best eaten raw, how do you do that? I mean, I can't even eat carrots on its own, let alone cabbage or broccoli! But yes, I guess my taste buds are kind of destroyed.

11. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    No preference either way for me - as I like both equally - meaning every kind of fruit and vegetable imaginable and in all forms too - either cooked or raw.

In fact - as virtually all my meals generally contain at least 4 or 5 different kinds of vegetable and I always have fruit for breakfast as well as dessert and often snack on it throughout the day - I think it would be safe to say - that fruit and vegetables are probably what you would call a natural part of my everyday diet.

12. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    My preference is definitely the fruit. I like vegetables, however if I have to make a choice it would have to be fruit over vegetables.
    There are some fruits if it's available, then I just got to have it. especially the ripe banana with its smoothie texture and natural sweetness.

13. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't eat fruit and even with vegetables I'm quite fussy. I only like certain ones and like them cooked in a particular way. I don't mind frozen vegetables because I cook them in other meals and add sauces. Raw vegetables are supposed to be better for you, but I prefer the taste of a honey glazed carrot to a raw carrot stick.

With fruit you have to be careful of fruit acids and enamel erosion on the teeth, plus too much fruit can bloat you and cause heartburn.

14. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I'm split between the two. Some days I eat more fruits than vegetables and some days I'll do the reverse. It just depends what mood I'm in. I think in the summer I'll eat more fruits than vegetables just because there are so many more of my favourite fruits in season in the summer months. My husband on the other hand will eat far more vegetables than fruit. He isn't a big fruit eater. He does enjoy home made smoothies though. I know people at work that prefer fruits to vegetables.

15. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to eat more vegetables than fruit because vegetables can be a healthy (and refreshing) snack as they come, or can be prepared in a thousand ways.

Fruits, however, may have tons of way to be prepared, and usually are good snacks as well, but mos or them have a sweetening factor that make me less prone to consume them. It's not that I dislike the sweet in fruits, but it's that sweets make me feel hungry; no good deal for me, really

16. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Count me in the fruit column although I do like both and will eat both. They are both healthy for you and can be quite affordable so I do eat both. Fruit is satisfying when you have a sweet craving and don't want to eat something that is very fattening. This is why I like it. I also like the satisfying crunch it provides. I am happy that both fruit and vegetables are fairly affordable.