Do you prefer mp3 audio books or CD audio books?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Terri • Aug 10, 2012.

1. Terri

TerriMember

Threads:
    I find that lots of people have portable devices. I don't know if there are any CD players that are completely skip-resistance, but if there are I was thinking that there would be some great deals on them, seeing as how mp3 compatible devices are taking over. If anyone knows of any places to get deals on CD audio books feel free to share.

Me personally, I'd like to listen to audio books on an mp3 player. I can listen to it in the bathtub with no problems, while I walk or workout. For me, it's a lot easier to work with than with CDs (and I find it funny how when CDs first came out, they were so wonderful, now they seem good for sentimental mementos, like wax records).... Mmhm... *nods*

Which one do you purchase more of, mp3 audio books or CD audio books?

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I also prefer the Mp3 books because I can listen to them anywhere. I usually listen to a bible app on my smartphone, and that way I can remember what's being said. I have a difficult time reading and retaining the information I read. This is the perfect solution to my problem. The CD books aren't good because they can break and get scratched.

3. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I have only listened to one audio book that someone gave me years ago and I listened to it on a road trip. I like the idea but I have always been a reader so I am affraid I am not much help.

4. Terri

TerriMember

Threads:
    Your opinion helps, of course. Some people don't like to listen to audio books. I used to fall sleep listening to them all the time. Then I'd have to start from the beginning of the last chapter I read before falling asleep... needless to say, I'd spend a lot of time reading the same chapter (constantly falling asleep, Lol). I love reading over listening to audio books... seems I have more control over how the information is received. Thanks for you input, beckyv1265 (& Adeal4u)! Mmhm... *nods*

5. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I also prefer mp3 audio files. This is more convenient and portable. You could listen to it anywhere. Actually, I use this to study my lessons. I use my mp3 player to record the lectures during my class and then just listen to it so that I won't forget what the lecturer have pointed out. In fact I could even sleep while the lecture is on going because I am sure that I will still be able to know what the lecturer has lectured. :D

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I only listen to mp3 downloads now. They are faster to access, often immediately downloadable...and far more efficient. Plus, we have not used CDs in the longest time, we think that they may be going in the same direction of the LP...those we have, we are keeping as collectors items. (-:

7. jdp1986

jdp1986New Member

Threads:
    I prefer mp3 audio books to CD audio books, I don't have time to try to keep the CDs in good shape so I can finish the story and I can take my laptop or iPod anywhere and stream a story anytime without the hassle of a skipping CD. I think I enjoy instant streaming or even downloading and saving mp3 audio books too much to even bother going to the store to buy a CD audio book and some how audio book shopping does not seem like book shopping at all. I will stick with my mp3 audio books, maybe I will buy some inexpensive CD audio books for my little one to help her developing interest in books, but none for me thank you.

8. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I like MP3 books better. I listen to them while running after I have put them on my cellphone. I don't even own a CD player anymore.