Do you prefer the Gym or field?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by sarz • Mar 19, 2014.

1. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I have not been for quite some time, about a year now and I miss the gym. I prefer it to exercising at home because I am more disciplined at the gym and I find it easier to burn calories using the apparatus than I would watching an Exercise video at home. Its also too cold and wet for outdoor exercise.

2. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    I went to the gym for years, but found it boring and too many people around makes me feel crowded and unmotivated. So I prefer to go outside and do my work outs. It's a bit harder since there is no machine to work on, besides my bike and for weights, I use body weight and other items I get from home.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer the gym. I'm not disciplined enough to workout on my own at home... even going to the gym is a sacrifice! I usually prefer classes, where someone tells me what to do and pushes me to do more, otherwise I'll slack and stop as soon as I get tired. Unless I'm running, the rush of energy keeps me going if I'm on the mood to run!!

4. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I prefer to exercise at the gym rather than at home. At least at the gym I get to use a lot of equipment that make me do more exercises than at home where I just have a few exercises that I can do. I always recommend the gym rather than doing it at home.

5. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I used to go at the gym but now I exercise at home since it's cheaper. With some good youtube videos and the proper equipment you save a lot of money with indoor workouts. Spring is upon us so I plan to go outside and exercise some of my routines. Thing is, we don't have a proper area for outdoor exercise around here. I really wish they'd install some iron bars in the park :eek:

6. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    I really like working out at the gym, it's an environment I feel comfortable in and watching other people workout really motivates me to start working harder.

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to do it at home. I don't like crowded places because I feel that people are constantly looking at me when I'm working out. Also, joining gyms are expensive and I can't afford that so I don't consider going to the gym at all. Lastly, I don't like to share equipments with other people, feels unhygienic.

8. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer working out in a field to a gym. This is due to the reason that in the field I am able to get fresh air in my system which is very important. It is also worth mentioning that a gym membership is very pricey these days whereas working out in a field is absolutely free. I would also like to point out that in the field you can work at your own pace.

9. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like gyms that much. I'd rather be outside which, is a nicer experience for me. I guess it's not really fair to compare though because the gym has certain equipment that you can't use anywhere else. I wouldn't go to the gym unless I was doing more hardcore exercising.

#9Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  10. Adryan

AdryanMember

Threads:
    I prefer working out on fields than gym because i think you can work for more hours on the field than in the gym plus you can have a great fitness for free so whats wrong in it and then their is fresh air so field is my option to work out!!!:)