Do You Prefer To Wear Leather Shoes, Rubber Shoes, Sneakers, Or Slippers?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • May 20, 2015.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always found slippers and sandals to be the most comfortable type of footwear, but when it comes to aesthetics, rubber shoes are the best looking of them all. Sneakers look cheap in my opinion even if they're not, and leather shoes just look too formal for me. How about you, what is your most favorite type of shoe? Which do you prefer to wear when you're out?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do prefer leather shoes, but we live in different climates. If I lived somewhere hot then I would be in Birkenstocks all the time. I don't like flip flops, but they are useful to wear around places, but my favorite are ballet pumps, leather ones as they are comfortable.

Going out, I do prefer heels though, usually a kitten or medium one, again in leather. It does depend on the weather as boots seem more practical for most of the time in the UK.

3. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer sneakers and ballet shoes. I do not like wearing leather shoes because they feel uncomfortable/hot. However, when there are times when I need to wear leather/black shoes at work, I buy or wear something that I know I will be comfortable with. Parisian shoes is a brand here that makes really amazing, affordable, and comfortable leather shoes.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I much prefer leather shoes and boots but I'm in the UK too and it's usually cold here. I do own a pair of rubber sandals though and I must say, they are really comfortable. They last quite a while too and are so easy to clean.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Theo@Theo, You are right, I think it also depends on the country's climate. Over here, boots aren't the norm for casual wear. You will see open-toed footwear mostly being worn for casual wear. There was a time though when boots were in fashion over here, that was around 1994 when Dr. Martens and vests was quite popular, and my classmates had boots as school shoes.

@chiofthenorns@chiofthenorns, Parisian has indeed become quite popular and it has been around since the late 90's. I only bought 1 white pair of shoes to be used during my grade school graduation, so I don't know if they're durable.

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    As far as looks go, definitely leather shoes. Just look classy and sophisticated to me. I wear sneakers at times, as I can't avoid it. I work out quite often. But I agree that even if you're wearing an expensive pair they look quite cheap.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know right? The Converse ones can be expensive, but the design itself looks very cheap. At least when you buy leather shoes they all look classy even if you bought one that's around $12 or lower.

8. Cilivren

CilivrenMember

Threads:
    It depends on where I'm going and what season it is. Obviously, I'll never wear sneakers to work because I work in an office. However, that's what I wear when I go for a run or walk my dog. When I go to work, I always wear leather shoes with a small heel. They look official enough. I also like wearing flat shoes when it's summer and I find them very comfortable.

9. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I like leather shoes best because they breathe, but I can't afford them. Instead I wear synthetic shoes from Payless, but basically the same style I would wear if I had the money for the leather version.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer leather shoes with leather insoles. Not just do they tend to last for a long time, they also give my feet a chance to "breathe", and therefore no bad odors or any kind of fungi are likely to cause me problems. Another favorite of mine are canvas shoes. I can't abide any artificial material in my shoes, and I definitely don't like rubber.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I thought leather shoes are all the same, but this is the first time I heard about leather shoes having leather insoles, since I don't really pay much attention to the whole materials used in the shoe. I think I will research about that before buying a new shoe. I usually just by shoes when I like the design, and I don't consider other factors other than the price.

12. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    My go to shoes before were always ballet flats because they were so easy to wear and to pair up with different types of clothes. But after a year of wearing ballet flats most of the time, my feet ached a lot so I switched to wearing sneakers a lot now. I feel my feet ached because my feet were supported properly since I'm flat footed. With sneakers or rubber shoes I'd get the support my feet really need. The only downside to that is that when I'm in the mood to dress girly, I dread wearing my flats. They look cute but my feet will be dying in an instant.

13. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Before, I used to love wearing sneakers. But as time goes by, I now prefer slippers and sandals because I agree, they are the most comfortable ones. I have never became a fan of high heels though.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So do I. High heels look nice and sexy if you see them being worn, but I'm pretty sure they're uncomfortable to wear and it makes you prone to varicose veins. I've never even tried wearing one, lol.

15. Scarlet

ScarletMember

Threads:
    I prefer to wear slippers or barefoot whilst in the house.

I love the look of heels but after damaging my knee a few years ago I cannot wear them, it does irritate me as I find it hard to find shoes that look feminine and that are my taste and are also flat. I have to filter through a lot of what I don't like to find a pair that are okay. Needless to say I've not bought many shoes the past few years. I find it easy to find a pair of heels that I like aesthetically. I often wish that for every heeled pair created they made a flat twin :p

I was a vegan for a while and a strict vegetarian before then so I had issues with wearing leather, but I eventually decided to buy some leather horse riding boots when I kept getting athletes foots in my rubber boots in the summer. I will always buy leather now, the athletes foot went quickly after my foot could breathe again. I tried some hemp shoes but they rubbed like crazy and never stretched.

I do think leather, although not ethnical in my opinion is the best fabric I have found so far that stretches with the foot and breathes.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of hemp shoes yet, but I have noticed that leather shoes tend to smear when you're wearing socks. I have a lot of partly black socks when I was still going to school because of leather shoes. So that's another reason why I don't like leather shoes.

17. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The kind of shoes that have proven to be the most comfortable for me, over the years, are trainers - or as Americans often call them, sneakers. If I don't want to wear sneakers, then the next kind of shoes that I will wear are flats. Though, flats can have a very thin sole, and it feels like you are walking on the actual ground itself. Leather style shoes would be my third choice.

18. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer tennis shoes (sneakers)
    I like wearing sandals but if I wear them too long I start to get blisters on the bottom of my feet so I don't wear them too often because of that.
    Around the house I wear my house shoes or just go barefoot