Do you promote your online "job" to get referrals?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Sweetkymom • Apr 15, 2014.

1. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    There are tons upon tons of websites and apps where you can get paid to do simple tasks. These websites often have a referral bonus if you get people interested and sign up under your link. Do you promote your job to get others signed up under you?

I made up a blog and put the multiple sites I work on there. I have my referral links on that but I do not go spamming boards to get referrals!

2. Wolf

WolfNew Member

Threads:
    That's an interesting way to promote your "business". How do you get traffic to your blog? Do you use social media like Twitter and Facebook to help to promote your blog and thus indirectly your online job sites as well?

I imagine that this is a good way to earn a passive income!

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Referral programs can earn you some good money if you actually do get referrals who will be active. From what I've learned though, most people have unrealistic expectations. An online job doesn't necessarily mean it's easy to do. Those who make the mistake of thinking that [when they sign up under you] may do the job but will give up soon after getting their first pay-out.

Having seen that happen to many people, I don't bother trying to refer others to do something which I, from experience know isn't that easy.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually have tried doing that already, and I do manage to get a some referrals, but most of them are inactive, so I really don't bother anymore. I think as compared to working a full time job, working online is just a means to get pocket money, unless you are a member of many sites and you're getting paid a substantial amount of money.

5. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I am working online and the company I am working for has a referral system that it's worth it I try do get referrals of course because that will mean more income to me. I always try to balance though, the time spent between trying to get referrals and the time I spend working, to see what is more profitable from the income perspective.

6. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    As others have said, it's a no brainer that you'd try to get referrals. Getting working referrals is the tricky bit, as most sites only get you any money off of your referrals if they themselves are continually making their own money. This is a lot harder to find, but if you frequent sites such as Reddit's beermoney subreddit, then you can get quite a few if you're making an informative post.

7. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried websites like these, I never get referrals. Well, I have a few times, but most of the times the work pays so little even if you get a few bucks from referrals plus a percentage of their work, it doesn't make that much of a difference. Perhaps others have had better luck. But me personally haven't, but yes I have tried them.

8. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do! :) I promote thru my forum signature (see below) and thru my blog and websites. I also hate spams so I don't do it either when promoting an online program. And I agree with most that you need lots of active referrals to make a considerable difference in your income otherwise, it's better to just upgrade (if you have the budget) OR just work without referrals then just use your "recruiting time" to engage in other worthwhile online programs.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only use a couple of online job websites to make some extra cash. I already work full time, so I can't spend a long time online, that is why I only chose the ones I enjoy using and know pay well and don't scam. I wouldn't post my referral links everywhere, I don't think it's a nice thing to do. And to be honest I never go to anyone's referral link, unless it's a friend of mine. I don't know the person, so I wouldn't choose their referral link over someone else's when I don't even know who they are. I could be using a criminal's referral... so I don't post mine anywhere.

10. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Just as a tip, you might want to try out Paidverts. They're not going to be paying you huge amounts, but they do pay out more than most sites.

11. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    The only way I promote my "jobs" is by occasionally posting on Facebook or by word of mouth. Some sites that I am on will automatically post to my Facebook when I redeem a reward so my friends will ask me how I'm getting the money. That turns into a conversation about whether they will be interested in joining the site and more often than not, they are so I give them a link or send them an email. I've found that sometimes people don't consider this type of work "a job" so I don't say much about it. And anyway, my first job is always being a mom and wife. :)

12. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I do not, it's just not my style and honestly I don't really have a good way to try and get referrals. I see lots of them on blogs and things like that and it seems like a great way to make some extra cash, but I don't think anyone gets rich off of it. I would love to hear from people who make a lot off of referrals.