Do You Regularly Use Your Phone Camera?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by rightct • Apr 17, 2015.

1. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen a lot of people buying smartphones mainly for the "top notch" camera they have incorporated, firmly disregarding even the essential specs, such as: battery life, talk time, standby time... you get the point.
    In the end, they don't get disappointed with those cameras, like you'd expect... they're very contented.
    What do you guys think about these kind of people? I personally think they enjoy spending money obliviously, else I don't see any founded reason.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really have any particular thoughts about people who enjoy taking photos with their high quality smartphones. I think each to their own. It's actually quite handy to have such a device. You don't have to carry around a bulky DSLR. In some countries it's not a bad idea to have a compact smartphone as a camera instead of an expensive camera dangling from your shoulder for safety reasons.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Using a camera phone is so convenient and the specs are getting better on phones. it's one of the the things I look for in a phone rather than anything else because most things are standard. Size is another factor for me though as I don't like the phones too big, but most smartphones aren't pocket sized as they used to be.

4. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, well... convenience and performance are different kettle of fish. I do agree with your point though, but why do you people prefer to buy 100 features if you're going to use only a single one often? This is where I get confused, and also that you could find cheaper but more performant cameras, without having to pay for extra but useless features.

5. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    No, but I would if it was better. I still carry a digital camera around with me for special occasions, and I'm hoping to get a much improved phone soon with a decent camera. Saves having to carry around a bulky camera when I don't need perfect shots.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    The thing is, people aren't buying the smartphone JUST for the camera. They're buying it to act as a phone (for texting, calling, etc), and the secondary purpose is to have the camera. Instead of carrying two devices and having to deal with the clunkiness of transferring pictures in order to share them, they get a phone that has a great camera and end up happy with it.

7. CamdenB

CamdenBNew Member

Threads:
    I don't take pictures too often, so a good camera on my smartphone isn't very important. Although, lately I rarely see a camera other than a smartphone camera being used. Some people just buy a phone to have easy access to a mediocre camera.

8. Jake_Arachnid

Jake_ArachnidNew Member

Threads:
    I do use the camera on my phone, but I would never buy a phone just for the camera. I only use the camera to take pictures with my family and friends. I don't go taking photos of everything from food to the TV, but it is good to have a fairly decent camera on your phone because it's always nice to have pictures that will bring back memories.

9. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I have a digital camera but 99% of the time, it's not with me when I actually want to take a picture. The 16mp on my phone isn't as good as my dedicated digital camera but it's good enough for a quick snap and it's always with me.

10. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't care about the camera at all - in fact, my current phone doesn't even have autofocus, only fixed one. I barely use the camera, because I barely take any pictures, and if I did I sure wouldn't use a phone to do it, but a proper camera. Whatever people want you to believe, the phones will still not beat a good camera..

11. BigBigFan

BigBigFanMember

Threads:
    Unfortunately, I'm the type of person who is always saying "oh no, I didn't get that on camera" when I miss something funny/cool/weird. The stuff I really want to capture on camera never seems to happen when, you know, I have my camera out.

If someone could recommend a simple camera that fits in my pocket and starts filming really quickly perhaps I would check it out. If it takes too long to turn on or spends too much time on a startup screen then I lose interest in turning it on when those funny situations in life happen in front of me.

12. Hiatus

HiatusNew Member

Threads:
    I personally don't use my phone camera as much as an average person. I only use it whenever I need to remember something, and even then, I won't bother to look at it since I remember it.

My friends, on the other hand, use their phone cameras daily, to upload on social media, snapchat, etc. Whenever I hang out with them, they will be taking their phones out to take pictures every hour or so. Sometimes it gets a bit annoying, but I got used to it.

13. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that people are buying phones just for the expensive camera, I guess I just don't pay attention to that type of thing. As someone here said, to each his own. How a person spends their money is their business. I use the camera on my phone all of the time, but I still want to have a good quality camera that is just a camera. I like taking pictures, so using my phone to do so is very convenient.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are smartphones that you can get, and they are specifically marketed as camera phones. Like, that is the main feature, and the phone feature is secondary, almost. My sister's boyfriend asked me to look some up for him, so that he could purchase one for my sister, for this past Valentine's Day.

Personally I have begun to use the camera on my phone a lot more since meeting someone. I send them pictures and videos. Prior to that though, no I did not use the camera feature regularly.

15. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    My phone's camera is the only one i use, i am not a serious photographer and my camera phone meets all my requirements. The camera is good quality, the results are very good and it is portable and convenient.

Smartphone cameras are improving all the time, in fact the film ''Tangerine'' which was a massive hit at this years sundance film festival was shot almost entirely on an iphone 5S.

16. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I always use the camera on my phone now, because I was finding that not only was it much easier than having to take a separate camera everywhere with me, but it also took photographs that were just as much of a high quality, so there was no need to have two different devices. In the end, I actually sold my camera, which meant that I saved money from using the one on my phone. I am certainly glad that I did this, because it meant that I was able to have money to spend on other things that were much more worthwhile.

17. jfab

jfabNew Member

Threads:
    Since I learned about Instagram, I suddenly found myself using it. But it's not just to take selfies, but to actually share the places I've been to and the people I hang out with. I don't really like posting photos of food but I love sharing photos of beautiful places to also inspire other people.

18. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    I use the camera on my phone very often as do most people because its more convienent to carry around one device that can do everything while sacrificing some quality however most smartphones cameras today are now equipped with top notch camera specs that you cant even tell which one came from a phone or a dslr.

19. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely use it often and regularly. I think it's such a great invention because it helps us, for those who love photography and taking pictures and videos of important thins. It's also good to carry one with you to protect yourself when it comes to law stuff, it can be really useful.

20. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Obviously. Most people have devices with cameras, and they're going to use the camera on their smartphone nearly every day. There are so many uses for the camera, and people love taking their own photos of things to show other people or to keep for reference. I don't know why this is even a question.