Do You Remember The Hula Hoop?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Pat • May 8, 2015.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember having a Hoop when I was a kid, they were a lot of fun and good exercise. The Hoops have come back as a way to get a good workout for a few minutes of moving your hips.

I just purchased a Hoop and took a 5 minute class to remind myself how to get the Hoop moving and keep it up. I am a little sore but look forward to seeing the results of Hooping 10 minutes a day in a month.

2. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I do remember them! I was a skinny little kid when I had one, very athletic, but I could never master the thing! LOL A few nights ago, I was strolling through Walmart, and I saw two little girls playing with one. One of them was not able to do anything with it, and the other one was a natural. I just don't get it.

3. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I used to love using the hula hoop! I used to have a really nice heavy one when I was younger but then one day all the beads fell out and it broke. I can never find a good hula hoop replacement anymore so I just gave up. I'm sure that if I did find another good one, I would definitely purchase it! It really helped shape my hips and I totally miss that!

4. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoyed using a hula hoop as a kid and was reasonably good at it. So when I had my own children I bought one to teach them how to do it. It definitely depends on your shape. My youngest daughter is like a bean pole but she picked it up easily and could spin the thing around her belly without hardly moving.
    I have become more curvy since having children and I find it hard to do now. I think the less curves you have the better you are at it.
    Anyway it is a fun thing to do with children.

5. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    My cousin got married last year and the DJ she hired actually brought hula hoops to the wedding. They were a huge hit on the dance floor, people from all ages were lining up to take a turn. My daughter asked for one the next day so she could "play" at home.

6. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I remember how much fun hoola hoops were when I was a young girl. I do not know if I could keep it up on my hips today though. It would be good exercise for sure. I have seen some in the stores lately too.

7. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    It took me a bit to learn the technique, but once I did, I loved hula hooping. Last time I used one was actually at a bar, which was fun, but I don’t go to bars anymore. I’m thinking of getting one of those adjustable weighted hoops, I think it would be a great supplemental form of exercise.

8. shrinkwatson

shrinkwatsonNew Member

Threads:
    i love this

9. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Kids still love them today, you would be surprised! I could never hula hoop as a kid and it was endlessly frustrating. I recently started doing yoga and struggle with many of the moves because my hips are extremely tight. I am guessing this has something to do with my struggle to hula hoop. It's funny that one the cheapest most basic toys is something that I can still not figure out as an adult.

10. shrinkwatson

shrinkwatsonNew Member

Threads:
    So Dame get ready for 21-June-2015

11. Diana Smith

Diana SmithNew Member

Threads:
    The hula hoop! Ah yes! People of all ages still enjoy it. As a matter of fact I just went out and bought a large one at the local sporting goods store about a month ago when the weather started turning warm. The larger ones are easier to balance I have found.

They are really great exercise for burning a whole lot of calories rather quickly and are fabulous for the hips, waistline and abdominal areas while having a lot of fun at the same time.