Do You Research Your Clothing (or Shoes) Purchases?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Zyni • Jan 22, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband and I always research large purchases, comparing prices, reading reviews, and stuff like that. I even do it when it comes to buying a pair of shoes (unless they are just cheap ones, of course). What about clothing? Some of the pricier items like coats and such can be quite expensive. It's worth it to me to spend a few minutes looking around for the best deal.

I've also found out via this method that some items aren't made the same way they once were. I used to always buy a certain type of athletic shoes. I bought the same brand, same style, because they were the most comfortable. They actually made it easier for me to walk, despite my issues. At one point, I couldn't find them any longer, so I began researching.

Apparently, they weren't available, because they were being redesigned. More accurately, they were being re-made using inferior materials and a simpler structure, yet the price stayed the same. I'm glad I looked it up, or I probably would have ended up buying a pair when I was able to find them again. From the looks of the reviews, I would not have been happy.

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I do research before buying clothes or shoes. Back when I was single, I have all the time in the world to search for product and item reviews. I will thoroughly search for any bad reviews before buying a certain product. Or I would search the internet for reviews about a certain brand of clothing or shoes.

But when I gave birth, suddenly all my time has to be given to my son and work. So searching for products online wasn't an option anymore. It's sad because I do find these reviews helpful with regards to my purchases. But now, going to the mall is a luxury we cannot afford so much. Yes, we go to the mall but only to eat and play. I buy items for my son but again, don't have the time to research them.:/

3. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like to do research as well before I make a big purchase. I like to read reviews and see which products are recommended. I find the internet so helpful with this. I don't trust what sale people say about products, I like to do my own research and make up my mind. Doing the research on big items like TV, stove, dishwasher is well worth the time. I remember looking at TV sets and feeling very overwhelmed at Best Buys and the sales person did very little to educate us as to all the features to the new TV's. My husband and I left, did our own research, we knew within a day which model and brand we wanted and waited until it went on sale to buy it. We got a great deal and we love our TV. Oh and by the way, did you know that Costco will give another 1 year warranty onto tv you buy from them for free.

4. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I do research in a way that I look for different colorways of shoes that I would like to buy. I then compare my chosen colorways and I decide on my most favorite before heading to the store and buying them. This way, I won't spend too much time deciding and I can mix and match the shoes with my wardrobe so as not to pick the wrong colorway and take the risk of it not matching with my clothes.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I research electronics and games, but I don't really research clothes, since some of my clothes come from clearance racks or Goodwill. If it looks cute and fits comfortably ,and it's cheap, I buy it. About all the research I do for clothes is trying them on in Goodwill. I'm not really as interested in clothes as I was when I was younger.

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I couldn't agree more. Sometimes, sales personnel do not even know what they're selling. There are great sales people, yes, but it's hard to spot them nowadays. Mostly, we're left with sales people who do not even know the specs, details and information of a product is. Other times, sales people fight over one customer since they do have a commission with every product sold.

The best way to deal with this is to research for your potential purchases online. You will get a big deal of information and know what other customers are saying about it as well.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't really thought of researching clothes and shoes thoroughly. At the most I will google the price of shoes, but not really the price of clothes. I only google the price of electronic items that I intend to buy, because I certainly would want to know if they perform well or there are some trouble in using the unit.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say that I very rarely research clothing and or shoes. If I research a product or an item, it is usually an item that stems from the technology category - tablets, mp3's, vaporizers, cameras, and smartphones. I suppose I am not that picky about shoes or clothes in that way. I usually buy shoes and clothes in person though.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also do some research, but probably not to the same extent as you do. My research mainly centres around comparing prices and reading reviews on products before committing to a purchase. I just want to know I'm getting the best value for my money, and also the best price going LOL With clothes, I don't often look at the reviews though, I just go off price and aesthetic value. For much larger purchases and beauty products, I do tend to go all out in my research. It always pays off in the end :)

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I do the usual research on a site like site safe, BBB, but not much more. I do like window shopping for things to get the cheapest prices. I like to research now products like eco-friendly weed killers, I'd research that till I find one I like or good prices. So mostly for new items I'd research things.