Do You Sew Any Of Your Own Clothes?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by hayrake • Dec 21, 2014.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Sewing, I hear, is making a comeback. I used to enjoy sewing simple things--skirts, tops, shorts, etc.; but then I realized that it was often cheaper just to buy these things readymade. Recently, upon hearing that people were starting to take it up again I decided to have a go at it too. Well, I find it's still cheaper for me to buy readymade and can't really see any benefit to sewing anything for myself. So, other than making alterations on things I buy I don't think my old machine, which I love, is going to be getting any regular new work.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I couldn't make my own clothes to save my life. To start with, I'd have to like it, and it's just not my thing. Then I'd have to have the skill, and I'm not interested enough to learn. I only know enough to repair holes in my clothes. I'd place it on the same level as knitting. Two things I find utterly boring. I'd much rather go into a store and buy ready made clothes, shop around different stores and have access to variety. I doubt this new craze will catch on to be honest, high street stores can rest easy LOL