Do you share clothes with your significant other?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Aug 15, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Dressing unisex has become more popular throughout the years. As a result, men and women can share the same clothes easily. With this said, do you share your wardrobe with your significant other?

Typically, men that I have been with don't match my body type. So, I have not been able to borrow any of their clothes. However, I do have female friends who can wear their guys' shirts and pants. Many of them take advantage of this situation.

Like? Hate?
    chloe-sevigny-opening-ceremony-fall-2009-bw-shirt2.

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I don't do this nor do I have any desire to. Once in awhile I will wear one of my boyfriend's t-shirts but that's only in the apartment. He is almost a foot taller than me and weighs twice what I weigh so even if I wanted to I couldn't share clothes with him. Considering how very different the cut of men's and women's clothes are I don't see how they would be flattering on the opposite sex.

3. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    My partner and I can wear the same mens t-shirt size, but bodies are way different. He's much taller than me, I'm fatter, he has narrower hips than I and broader shoulders, I have boobs. His t-shirts fit but look a little tight on my hips and shapeless around my shoulders, boobs and waist. So I've only worn his shirts in case of an emergency where I don't have any other clothes. My girl t-shirts would not fit him because of his broad shoulders. I can't wear his button up shirts because those are not stretchy like t-shirts and the buttons around the hips wouldn't close while at the shoulders it would look very big. We can't share pants because my hips are larger than his waist band size, and because his legs are much longer than mine. The only piece of clothing we share are stretchy drawstring shorts for sleeping or at home.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a friend who was almost the same size as his girlfriend. Weight, height . . . everything. They shared most of their clothes. The guy could parade around in the girls t-shirts and girl would also occasionally wear his clothes [or shirts, to be precise]. They didn't share pants though because the lady wore really tight jeans which the guy [I believe] wouldn't want to be seen in.

Should someone and their SO be almost the same size then I don't suppose sharing clothes is much of an issue.

5. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Why not! its fun to do. when I over heard a gay friend of mine obnoxiously shout "real men wear pink" I then started wearing pink lol..
    seriously, it doesn't matter as long as i feel comfortable. I'm good wit it.

6. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    The most I've done is worn my boyfriend's t-shirt's and pajamas. I don't think he would really fit in anything of mine unless it's some of my t-shirt's that are a little bit big on me. I can't see ever wearing his jeans or anything like that. But my brother's girlfriend has worn his jeans before, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I just know they really wouldn't fit me.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I lend some of my clothes if it's really needed to my significant other, in emergency cases like if we're having a sleepover with group of friends or when we're out in outing. Generally the clothes that I lend her are only for passing the night, but not those she could wear out in public. And since I am the guy and women's clothes generally don't fit well to guys, and since it's just fine for me to wear again some of the clothes that I have worn without having them washed first, I am the one who generally share my clothes to my significant other. And for my case, I haven't borrowed any clothes yet from my significant other.

8. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    Our tshirts and sweatshirts are pretty interchangeable because I like them big and I have fairly small breasts. In a pinch, I can also steal his pants but they fit me weird - too tight at the hip, too big in the waist, a little too long.

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I have never had a boyfriend before, so I haven't tried sharing clothes with my significant other. Anyway, I think that's really cute. I would love to borrow some of his shirts and use them as short dresses or nighties. There are a lot YouTube video tutorials that will teach you how to do those stuffs.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This would never happen with me and my boyfriend! He is on the thin side and I'm very curvy. Our outfits would never fit on each other. The max I did was borrow his hoodie one time I was really cold.

11. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I like to have my own set of clothes and will only borrow my OHs if I really need something to wear to bed or something like that. We wear complete different sizes so nothing I own would fit him anyway. His clothes just sort of hang on me, so I would look frumpy if I wore them. I do like shopping for his clothes though.

12. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Wouldn't work for my husband and I. Sometimes we like the same style (western) clothing, but we could never wear the same size. I will borrow a warm shirt or jacket from time to time, though, if I can't get to one of my own. Occasionally, too, I'll snitch one of his t-shirts to sleep in.

13. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm actually wearing one of his football jerseys right now. I wear quite a. It of his clothes around the house. He doesn't wear so much as taking them and calling them his He's taken a band t- shirt and a pair of camp pants that way.

14. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I only wear his t shirts to bed and only very rarely. I short and on the thinner side and he's taller and a bigger size than me. Even if we did wear the same size I'm a little too girly to wear men's pants and shirts, and he's way too masculine.

15. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love the picture posted! It is so cute, but I know my boyfriend wouldn't go for it! He would think I was being weird. I do like to wear his t-shirts, but he doesn't like it! He tells me that they are his and he doesn't put on my clothes.

16. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    My husband gave up ok that a long time ago. It took him just over a year to realize that when I want to get comfortable I just might put something of his on. If I want to be comfortable I want something loose fitting. And his are more loose fitting than mine.

17. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I don't voluntarily share clothes with my significant other. She may sneak and take something but that's about as far as it goes. We wear much different sizes so most of my clothes won't fit her anyway. So it's really not something that's ever been an issue in our relationship.

18. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not at all. Whilst we're both tall, I'm really scrawny so everything of his just hangs off me. Likewise, he couldn't fit into anything of mine. I imagine it would be good to have basically twice the amount of clothes to choose from.