Do You "shop Around" Different Restaurants?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Zyni • Feb 13, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It may take a little extra effort, but I've found that I can put together a meal between different restaurants for less money. One example is having a picnic at the lake... picking up some chicken at Popeye's, but getting the coleslaw from KFC. Popeye's tends to have better deals on chicken (and I like it better). KFC has better coleslaw, and it's cheaper. So, if both of them are close together, why not? Save money and build a better tasting meal.

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I do that as well. Sometimes it's a lot cheaper to get a drink from somewhere else other than where you're getting the majority of your meal from as well. The other day I got fries from McDonalds, a sandwich from a supermarket and a drink from a discount store, and ended up with a meal from different places but it was a lot cheaper than buying the entire meal from McDonalds. That, and I can't eat the majority of food from McDonalds due to allergies so I would've been much more restricted there too.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We get flyers from fast food outlets whenever we order for delivery. We compile the flyers so we have a choice when we want something delivered. Now it is KFC that is the favorite because of their present promo. In the months past it was Pizza Hut with their promo of buy one get 1 free pizza of the same size but different flavor. It is a big savings when you buy on promo prices.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes! I make a point to do my grocery in different places where certain items are cheaper, for example milk, house cleaning products and dairy I will buy in one supermarket and fruits, veggies and meats I will buy somewhere else where those are cheaper and better quality.
    As for restaurants I always make a point to research restaurants when we are trying a new one specially for special occasions!

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also just collect the flyers that I get and I look at them for reference when I want to have food delivered at home. Sometimes it can be a hassle to go to different stores just to get different food items, so I prefer to have my food delivered.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know what, I've never ever thought to do this, but I think it makes perfect sense. Not only do you save a few $$$, you also get a bit of variety. It's definitely something worth considering the next time I have guests around and I'm too lazy to rustle something together LOL They won't know what's hit them :) Thanks for sharing!

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't done this often, but I tend to go to the places where I can use coupons or I have some other kind of discount going on. I went to Burger King last because I had a gift card. The problem is though...is that I thought I had a number of coupons in the car and I couldn't find them when I went to the KIng...I was mad! Oh well, I still didn't pay for the meal, so, that's something!

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do this but mostly just for the variety because sometimes I want a combination other than what a single restaurant offers. Sometimes it does end up being cheaper for me if I stick to the dollar menu of each one but I personally don't like most of the items offered there and would rather just get the regular items if I have the budget for it. Sometimes I'll do this just so I could spend the extra money I save to get something expensive I'm craving like I'd opt for cheap food to get an expensive drink or dessert afterwards.

9. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I have done this on a few occasions, sometimes I pick the lazier option and just pay a little more, as I don't have a vehicle right now. But when I have the ability to, I like to mix and match. Like you said, aside from the money, you tend to get more of what you want that way.