Do You Shop During Black Friday?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Jasmine2015 • Sep 27, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    Many years ago I went with my younger cousin to get a dancing game for the Xbox on black friday. It was my first time shopping during black Friday. As time passed, the people would gather closer and closer. Some of those people were musty. I remember one guy in front of us had a tub in his arms so he could get as many games as possible. Though I do remember him giving one game to a little kid when he couldn't reach to get one himself. Once the employees let off the plastic from the games, people started climbing each other. I even noticed one guy standing in the background filming everthing. If you ever want to see people act like a pack of animals just wait for black friday.

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I only went one year and it was before people started getting really ghetto at black friday. I went to Walmart to get some Guitar Hero guitars that were super cheap. Never again! It was very hard to find the items that were on sale and the stores only carried a limited amount of sale items so it wasn't really worth it.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Black Friday is dangerous in my opinion. You get a bunch of people going crazy over merchandise and injuries are bound to happen. I avoid this shopping day at all costs. Most things you buy on this day can be found at cheaper prices throughout the year if you know where to hunt around.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I do. I find it kind of exciting in a way. And there are some good buys available. There aren't any really good stores located in this area though, and I am not getting up at like 6am to go to stores that are 45 minutes to an hour away. I will sometimes shop later in the day, when some of the sales are still going on.

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve never shopped on Black Friday. I’ve heard that some retailers jack up their prices prior to Black Friday so they can lower them and call it a sale, so I don’t see the need. Apparently in my area it does get pretty crowded, but as an acquaintance of mine put it, “It’s kinda like Nascar. Not real exciting to watch on TV, but you’ll watch it hoping to see a wreck, or someone lose it, or just something to go wrong, but nope, nothing. Big hype for nothing.” I don’t think I’m missing out on much.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think the best way to shop during these sales is online, although from what I understand the online promos pale in comparison to the ones you can get at the actual stores. We don't have Black Friday deals here but we have similar sales although maybe not as intense, and even with those I get uncomfortable with the amount of people in the crowds that I have to fight against so I usually pass on them after having experienced it one or two times.

7. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    I stay at home and wait for Cyber Monday. Yes, it can get a little hectic too, but at least I don't have to deal with others' physical lashings. Black Friday really brings out the worst in people. My heart goes out to all retail workers on that day.

8. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No way. I quit doing that crap 10+ years ago, and even then I seldom did it. I've always been able to find just as many good deals at the stores on the days leading up to Christmas as what's offered on Black Friday. Plus, not all of those Black Friday specials are worth it. My friend picked up two Toshiba laptops on Black Friday, and they must have been defective or refurbished or something because both of them died on him in less than a year after purchasing them.

You can find equally good deals on Amazon, plus if your order is over $35 or so, you get free shipping on most items. It's much more convenient to have the items shipped to you. You avoid all the traffic, crazy parking, and getting sick from all the people in the stores. For the past several years now I've done all or most of my Christmas shopping online, and I barely stepped out in public to try and do any shopping in person. There's a much wider selection on Amazon than you would find in any one store.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I've never gone to Black Fridays at a brick and mortar store, but went online for cyber Mondays. I went to day after Thanksgiving Day Sale over 30 years ago and enjoyed it. There were a lot of sales and bargains in the stores on Day After Thanksgiving day sale back in the 70's & 80's without the bizarre dangers present times unfolds. I went shopping before retailers called it Black Friday's. Let me tell you it was very nice and nothing like Black Friday's of today.:(